Federal power-shok sabot

Anyone use them? How do they perform? Ive been using the hornady sst but i havent been to impressed with there performance. Killed 3 deer within 50 yards and found the rounds almost completely intact in them.  Dont use my my mossberg 20 much so i dont want to spend $15 a box for sabots.  But i still want knock down power. These show 9 dollars a box.  I use the power shock for my 30-06 with great outcomes.  

3 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Anyone use them? How do they perform

I have been using them and they work well and are accurate out of my Mossberg. The only problem if any is they are lead. I have always used federals and always liked their copper sabots but they are tough to come by.

Bass Pro: https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/federal-premium-power-shok-sabot-slug-shotshells

Federal Premium Power-Shok Sabot Slug Shotshells

$8.49
Runnings usually has a god sale on them just before deer season.
Edited by Steve D

5 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I loved the Federal Premiums when they had the copper barnes expander bullets in them. I am glad I bought 20 boxes the year I did. They don't make them any more but they hit like a sledge hammer. I've used the Power shok at the range and they shoot as well, just not sure how they hit. 

I agree me and my buddies all used to shoot them.  They destroy deer hit like a mack truck.

• Like 1

I used to shoot the Federal Barnes when they made them. Now I shoot the Federal Trophy Copper. They are just as accurate and just as lethal as the Barnes. In fact I just ordered a case of 10 boxes from ableammo.com for $11.19 a box. They will ship to NY. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 1