The Neighbors Corn Pile

bhunterED

As in my original post I have already stated what I was going to do. Some may call me a rat or a snitch. I'm fine with that it's no skin off my back. As also stated previously I was raised and taught to do and stand up for what's right and that's what I have and will continue to do.

For all of you who do however want to call me a rat or snitch here's something to think about, so what do you do when your neighbor is molesting some kid, turn your back and mind your own business as so many have said to do, or stand up for what's right and do the right thing? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

As in my original post I have already stated what I was going to do. Some may call me a rat or a snitch. I'm fine with that it's no skin off my back. As also stated previously I was raised and taught to do and stand up for what's right and that's what I have and will continue to do.

For all of you who do however want to call me a rat or snitch here's something to think about, so what do you do when your neighbor is molesting some kid, turn your back and mind your own business as so many have said to do, or stand up for what's right and do the right thing? 

You don't know for sure he is baiting unless you were over there snooping around.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bhunterED said:

So it turns out that one of the neighboring land owners is definitely putting out corn. He has multiple food plots but I guess he figures he could use a little more attractiveness to his land. Its just tg a little though. An 8 Ton little yep 8 FREAKING TON. I happen to work for the farmers cousin who sells it to him and the man has no reason to lie. Years ago I caught the guys kid out in the woods with a bag of corn but seeing as it was summer and he was just a kid a said he just wanted to get some pics I let it go. But now years later and the kid has grown up to be a pile just like his old man I'm sure they put it in front of their stands then. I've made up my mind that I'm going to make a call about it but not really sure what they will do about it as I haven't seen it on the ground and the property is posted but at least I'm trying to do right.

Please call the DEC.... Piles like that is not only illegal... and cheating... but over time can cause the spread of Disease!!!

9 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

Wow quite a leap...someone diddling my children...

or someone doing something (feeding wildlife) out of code here in NY on their private property, but not so immoral that it is legally done elsewhere.

You are itchin for a fight with your neighbor go have one...don't muster up an internet outrage possie. 

You got limited evidence but do what you will...spend this time hunting maybe you'll score 

Edited by OtiscoPaul

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

which is why I think you should go talk to him before calling the cops . He buys a fair amount of corn but you’ve got no,proof of what he’s really doing with it . Go ask , explain that if he’s baiting it impacts everyone’s hunting ,as well as being illegal .

Wow you are so "old school"

Talk? To your neighbors? why when you can get the anonymous internet to agree with you (sarcasm)

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Wow quite a leap...someone diddling my children...

or someone doing something (feeding wildlife) out of code here in NY on their private property, but not so immoral that it is legally done elsewhere.

You are itchin for a fight with your neighbor go have one...don't muster up an internet outrage possie. 

You got limited evidence but do what you will...spend this time hunting maybe you'll score 

The law is the law.

13 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

You don't know for sure he is baiting unless you were over there snooping around.

I dont trespass

7 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Wow you are so "old school"

Talk? To your neighbors? why when you can get the anonymous internet to agree with you (sarcasm)

I didn't ask for anyone's agrrement.

5 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Ok so is the safe act...discuss 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Someone told me you did.

Call the law have them do their job I really dont mind.

You posted on a public forum looking for warm feelings...you initially got them and I would still guess that the popular opinion is to rake this neighbor over the coals.

Personally I take offense to this social media mob rule crap and I'm way more fearful of my kids growing up in the current environment of "hate thy neighbor love thy internet" than of anyone baiting deer.

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Probably best if you keep this to yourself and deal with it yourself. You're going to get a wide range of opinions from people here. You know what they say...opinions are like.......everybody has one.

Do what you feel is right. If you are not sure who to call, you may want to start with the DEC.  But I wouldn't look to the internet for moral guidance to clear your conscience. 

4 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Serious question here - should make a poll;

You hear a shot in the woods behind your house at 11:00pm in January. Do you think;

1) Stupid jacklighting, no-good deer poacher!

2) Predator hunter doing his legal thing.

or coon hunting...had the cops called on us the only time my wife's 80 year old grandfather wanted to take me show me his new coon dog....

he coon hunted there over 60 years including the week prior.

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

You posted on a public forum looking for warm feelings...you initially got them and I would still guess that the popular opinion is to rake this neighbor over the coals.

Personally I take offense to this social media mob rule crap and I'm way more fearful of my kids growing up in the current environment of "hate thy neighbor love thy internet" than of anyone baiting deer.

Listen I started this to simply make a rant and state what I was doing. I didn't ask for anyone's thoughts as to what I should do or not. I made my decision and have stood by it. I dont ask for others approval or blessings. I'm not trying to take the guy over the coals but what's right is right and that's it no more no less. I'm not looking for a social media mob to handle my battles as most are keyboard cowboys anyway. I have kids as well and have and will continue to teach them to stand up for what's right, not turn your back to problems but face them and fix them, treat others like you want to be treated, have respect not only for themselves but for others also. Trust me I'm scared to death for what the future has in store for my grandchildren and those past them.

I'm not looking to start fights or wars but I won't back down from them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

Listen I started this to simply make a rant and state what I was doing. I didn't ask for anyone's thoughts as to what I should do or not. I made my decision and have stood by it. I dont ask for others approval or blessings. I'm not trying to take the guy over the coals but what's right is right and that's it no more no less. I'm not looking for a social media mob to handle my battles as most are keyboard cowboys anyway. I have kids as well and have and will continue to teach them to stand up for what's right, not turn your back to problems but face them and fix them, treat others like you want to be treated, have respect not only for themselves but for others also. Trust me I'm scared to death for what the future has in store for my grandchildren and those past them.

Why not just go talk to him in person then and ask before turning the cops over on him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

I don't have the knowledge and experience of you and your neighbors relationship or the particulars of what either of you do on your properties.

You seemingly have a bunch of secondhand information that you believe as gospel.

You are not giving him the benefit of the doubt and you are also talking out of school (on the internet) about what was told to you by people this neighbor otherwise trusts and has relationships with.

"Ranting" about legal matters with your neighbor is not only untoward it's stupid as this is an electronic record of your "rant."

Should anything crappy happen between you there is already "evidence" of your "harrassment" or whatver this "rich jerks" lawyer(s) wants to call it.

Dont crap where you eat and love thy neighbor 

Edited by OtiscoPaul

9 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Serious question here - should make a poll;

You hear a shot in the woods behind your house at 11:00pm in January. Do you think;

1) Stupid jacklighting, no-good deer poacher!

2) Predator hunter doing his legal thing.

Your right, things may not always be as they appear. I've had the law called on me while hunting coon. But this is known and there are witnesses to collaborate. All this being said I'm sure nothing will come about from it but at least I know I did my part in trying to be a better outdoorsman according to our states written laws.