The Neighbors Corn Pile

bhunterED

3 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

I don't have the knowledge and experience of you and your neighbors relationship or the particulars of what either of you do on your properties.

You seemingly have a bunch of secondhand information that you believe as gospel.

You are not giving him the benefit of the doubt and you are also talking out of school (on the internet) about what was told to you by people this neighbor otherwise trusts and has relationships with.

"Ranting" about legal matters with your neighbor is not only untoward it's stupid as this is an electronic record of your "rant."

Should anything crappy happen between you there is already "evidence" of your "harrassment" or whatver this "rich jerks" lawyer(s) wants to call it.

Dont crap where you eat and love thy neighbor 

I'll agree to disagree. You have your opinion and I have mine.

6 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

Your right, things may not always be as they appear. I've had the law called on me while hunting coon. But this is known and there are witnesses to collaborate. All this being said I'm sure nothing will come about from it but at least I know I did my part in trying to be a better outdoorsman according to our states written laws.

And just maybe the ultimate goal ,more deer for you.

Honestly, after reading this thread it sounds to me like you're annoyed that you've put some time into your land and based on some circumstantial evidence you believe the deer are moving from your property to his property because you think he's putting out corn. He very well may be putting out corn, but you by your own admission haven't seen it. You posted on a public forum your thoughts and then get upset when people come on with dissenting opinions. If you don't want an opinion, don't post, even if it's a "rant". I think you're stirring up trouble. If this guy has money and resources I'm not sure you want to go barking up that tree with shaky allegations or hunches of baiting.

Let's be real. Baiting may be "illegal", unethical, whatever have you, but in a few months municipalities all across the state will be paying the USDA to bait and shoot deer at night with suppressed rifles to cull the population. At the most we're allotted 6 deer a year. Pretty sure the DEC could allow us all to take 12 and the population would still be well in check. Baiting: Illegal for me and you; legal for .gov.

One more thing: What is the actual difference between a food plot and a bait pile? Nothing. They're both a food attractant except one grows out of the ground and is legal and the other is placed on the ground and illegal. Still, the exact same concept.

Edited by pitweiler
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

I'll agree to disagree. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Again I'm not really talking about you in particular anymore...this dumb crap should stop...

You don't mind making enemies but you like that your kids get to inherit some?

Unless people are physically hurting each other I think we all need to just give each other a break for a while...what is the end game here

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

Here's my two pennies worth........

If I had concrete PROOF of illegal activity, my actions may be different, than if I were going on second hand information. 

I too was brought up to respect the law. I was also taught the value of innocent until proven guilty. Along with do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.

What if the neighbor heard from "someone", that the OP was doing something illegal? Like selling drugs for instance, when he is not. How would he feel to have the authorities called to investigate? Would he still have a decent relationship with that neighbor, after a false accusation? I think not. 

Too easy these days to assume something. 

And yes, in these days of "see something say something". I can understand being proactive. But a corn pile is much different than a terrorist threat.

Pick your battles wisely. 

JMO 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

Listen I started this to simply make a rant and state what I was doing. I didn't ask for anyone's thoughts as to what I should do or not. I made my decision and have stood by it. I dont ask for others approval or blessings. I'm not trying to take the guy over the coals but what's right is right and that's it no more no less. I'm not looking for a social media mob to handle my battles as most are keyboard cowboys anyway. I have kids as well and have and will continue to teach them to stand up for what's right, not turn your back to problems but face them and fix them, treat others like you want to be treated, have respect not only for themselves but for others also. Trust me I'm scared to death for what the future has in store for my grandchildren and those past them.

I'm not looking to start fights or wars but I won't back down from them.

Are you gong to teach them it is ok to accuse someone of something without any proof?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

Listen I started this to simply make a rant and state what I was doing. I didn't ask for anyone's thoughts as to what I should do or not. I made my decision and have stood by it. I dont ask for others approval or blessings. I'm not trying to take the guy over the coals but what's right is right and that's it no more no less. I'm not looking for a social media mob to handle my battles as most are keyboard cowboys anyway. I have kids as well and have and will continue to teach them to stand up for what's right, not turn your back to problems but face them and fix them, treat others like you want to be treated, have respect not only for themselves but for others also. Trust me I'm scared to death for what the future has in store for my grandchildren and those past them.

I'm not looking to start fights or wars but I won't back down from them.

You keep stating "what's right is right", but you have absolutely no proof that they did anything "wrong" you have totally assumed that part and have gone as far as comparing it to abuse of children.  All you have done is heard second hand information about your neighbor and used that information to assume the worst of your neighbor.  With the other statements you've made about them on hear it really sounds like you are jealous of them and are using that and your assumptions to justify calling the police on them for something that may or may not have even happened.  I really hope I never have neighbors like you...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grampy said:

Here's my two pennies worth........

If I had concrete PROOF of illegal activity, my actions may be different, than if I were going on second hand information. 

I too was brought up to respect the law. I was also taught the value of innocent until proven guilty. Along with do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.

What if the neighbor heard from "someone", that the OP was doing something illegal? Like selling drugs for instance, when he is not. How would he feel to have the authorities called to investigate? Would he still have a decent relationship with that neighbor, after a false accusation? I think not. 

Too easy these days to assume something. 

And yes, in these days of "see something say something". I can understand being proactive. But a corn pile is much different than a terrorist threat.

Pick your battles wisely. 

JMO 

Seems to me we had something similar happen in the news recently with .....what was it?...Oh yeah a SCOTUS nominee. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can call it in and stay anonymous if you choose... But depending on your area, DEC might not show up for it. IF you tell them the size of it, it may help. IT does suck, I have several neighbors who do it also. It doesnt bother me like it used to. What does bother me is the poaching part of things or illegally using tags. ..If you can use it in your advantage do so..   

If you dont get along with the man, have at it. Id just worry about your relationship with the guy before the call... if there is one at all ...

1 hour ago, bhunterED said:

As in my original post I have already stated what I was going to do. Some may call me a rat or a snitch. I'm fine with that it's no skin off my back. As also stated previously I was raised and taught to do and stand up for what's right and that's what I have and will continue to do.

For all of you who do however want to call me a rat or snitch here's something to think about, so what do you do when your neighbor is molesting some kid, turn your back and mind your own business as so many have said to do, or stand up for what's right and do the right thing? 

Did you really compare child molestation to friggin feeding a deer??????????   Get a life

• Like 4

Know anyone with a drone that could do a flyover and perhaps find some evidence to better support your theory?  Just the simple act of buying tons of corn does not make someone a criminal, but I understand where you are coming from.  Just be careful to remain anonymous.  Like posting on a public forum.

Yea and do you also call the cops for someone rolling a stop sign? Feeding deer is a minor infraction and legal in a lot of states.  Your not doing the right thing cause you were raised properly, your mad cause someone might shoot the buck your after. And if the guy has as much money as you say and he is feeding the deer he might get a slap on the wrist and then he might screw with you.  And as for the drone mentioned in above post it is illegal to fly drone over someone else's property............

Edited by cbyzerman
  • Like 2

Would you call DEC if you knew that this guys corn had NO effect on your hunting?  If yes, then you are calling because law is law.  If no, then you are doing it because his behavior may hurt your chances at a deer.  Call it in or not, its up to you... but just be clear on your motivation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silent death said:

My neighbor spreads bags of corn in his yard for his 8 chickens iam talking 20-50 pound bags and the deer eat it now is that considered baiting I've said something to him a couple times about it. 

A hand full for each chicken a day; I'd say he's baiting deer. Have him arrested!

16 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

A hand full for each chicken a day; I'd say he's baiting deer. Have him 

He dont hunt them that's why i never really cared what he does besides not sure how dec would take it honestly if he owns 8-10 chickens and dumps a bucket out for them iam not sure they would do anything about it anyways....but I assure you if he was hunting them we would have words I just said to him a couple times it wasnt right to have the deer rely on him for the feed I try to keep it civil with neighbors to a point.  Since I said that to him though he has cut  back a little on what he throws  out

Edited by silent death