The Neighbors Corn Pile

bhunterED

7 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

That is my issue with the OP. he has no proof. He hasn't seen the piles and it's just from what some folks are saying. Sprinkle in his assertions about the guys wealth and owning property in Kansas and It come off as jealousy and looking for a way to bust this neighbors stones.  

yeah i read a little ahead and I get it. I still feel some were also just willing to give the neighbor a pass because he didn't have proof. There's noway to prove it without trespassing. So I guess I see where the guy is coming from at least. 

to your post earlier too, I don't know if the dec just goes traipsing on peoples property on a tip with no evidence. 

1 minute ago, Belo said:

yeah i read a little ahead and I get it. I still feel some were also just willing to give the neighbor a pass because he didn't have proof. There's noway to prove it without trespassing. So I guess I see where the guy is coming from at least. 

to your post earlier too, I don't know if the dec just goes traipsing on peoples property on a tip with no evidence. 

If he really wanted to find out, all he would have to do is find someone with a drone, and fly it over the neighbors property and see for himself. No trespassing involved there.

2 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

If he really wanted to find out, all he would have to do is find someone with a drone, and fly it over the neighbors property and see for himself. No trespassing involved there.

It's actually illegal to fly drones over peoples property without permission, so that's out too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

The one I called in 3 times with no response was visible from the road and I told them I had pics of the guy filling the feeder. still nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Belo said:

I  can't say that I ever read a regulation stating this, but it has always been my understanding that a DEC officer can enter private property and go so far as searching buildings ( other than homes where people reside) IF he has reason to suspect there is a violation..  He can't your home without a search warrant, but he can searched your barn or utility  shed if he suspects a violation..

Edited by Pygmy

4 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I  can't say that I ever read a regulation stating this, but it has always been my understanding that a DEC officer can enter private property and go so far as searching buildings ( other than homes where people reside) IF he has reason to suspect there is a violation..  He can't your home without a search warrant, but he can searched your barn or utility  shed if he suspects a violation..

I believe you're correct. But as culver mentioned, he still has to WANT to do the search, and I'm not sure the DEC would without a more credible tip. 

10 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

No it isnt. Not unless its restricted airspace. Im currently working on my FAA sUAS license. I know the regulations.

So you're saying that someone can fly a drone over my fenced in back yard and spy on my sun bathing wife and there is nothing I can do about it?  I don't think so...

32 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

That is my issue with the OP. he has no proof. He hasn't seen the piles and it's just from what some folks are saying. Sprinkle in his assertions about the guys wealth and owning property in Kansas and It come off as jealousy and looking for a way to bust this neighbors stones.  

Exactly my thoughts... stop wasting law enforcements time, they have much more egregious violations to go after... handle this yourself , go talk to him, and if he tells you to pound sand... pound sand.  Don’t bring the farmer into your mess that you plan on making for everyone.

you better hope everything you do is on the up and up afterwards. DEC doesn’t only make stops at his place after, they’ll be there for every shot you take also.

12 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

So you're saying that someone can fly a drone over my fenced in back yard and spy on my sun bathing wife and there is nothing I can do about it?  I don't think so...

You could try to go after them for harassment, but there are no laws governing whats public airspace and whats private. Generally speaking, the rule of thumb is anything above the height of the tallest man made structure is public airspace.

11 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

As someone who does not hunt deer much--perhaps 15 times since 1974, I am now wondering just how widespread this Corn pile baiting is  from reading all the replys here and watching hunters buy up those Corn bags next to sporting goods in Wally world a few weeks back.

I work in the trades......a good percentage of all the guys on a job site deer hunt.

I know one who doesn't bait along with myself.

I just assume every deer I see a pic of was baited, and get surprised if its not.

Trying to get some harassment charge to stick might be tough. If someone flew a drone over my place I'm rolling the dice on shooting it down, thats creepy bullshit. If anyone has seen a big corn pile in the woods, it's bright, 8 tons of it would almost glow in the dark. You could fly the drone straight up and scan the neighbors property and probably see it in the woods.

1 minute ago, helmut in the bush said:

Trying to get some harassment charge to stick might be tough. If someone flew a drone over my place I'm rolling the dice on shooting it down, thats creepy bullshit. If anyone has seen a big corn pile in the woods, it's bright, 8 tons of it would almost glow in the dark. You could fly the drone straight up and scan the neighbors property and probably see it in the woods.

Intentionally damaging an aircraft while in flight is a felony. Might not want to roll those dice. Some of the higher end drones are well over $1000. How would you react to someone damaging your $1000+ piece of equipment while you are using it legally.

I fly my drone over other peoples property, I stay up pretty high when Im near their houses, and dont do anything to be a nuisance, like harass farm animals, or anything like that. Actually, my drone is very quiet, once its 80 feet or so up, you barely hear it, and if you arent looking for it, you probably wont even see it. After Im up over 100 feet, you cant hear it at all unless im descending quickly.

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Intentionally damaging an aircraft while in flight is a felony. Might not want to roll those dice. Some of the higher end drones are well over $1000. How would you react to someone damaging your $1000+ piece of equipment while you are using it legally.

I fly my drone over other peoples property, I stay up pretty high when Im near their houses, and dont do anything to be a nuisance, like harass farm animals, or anything like that. Actually, my drone is very quiet, once its 80 feet or so up, you barely hear it, and if you arent looking for it, you probably wont even see it. After Im up over 100 feet, you cant hear it at all unless im descending quickly.

We all do what we all have to do. This is like looking in a neighbors bedroom window, it's creepy. 

21 minutes ago, helmut in the bush said:

We all do what we all have to do. This is like looking in a neighbors bedroom window, it's creepy. 

The only way its like looking in a bedroom window is if you fly up next to the house and look in the window. If someone is doing that, then yes, its creepy. Flying over someones property with a drone is the same as a manned airplane, helicopter, or hot air balloon flying over. Are you creeped out by those as well?

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

The only way its like looking in a bedroom window is if you fly up next to the house and look in the window. If someone is doing that, then yes, its creepy. Flying over someones property with a drone is the same as a manned airplane, helicopter, or hot air balloon flying over. Are you creeped out by those as well?

i have a pool. Pretty good privacy fence around it and my kids and wife use it most of the summer. My wife's not back there nude or anything, but damn if that's still not an invasion of my privacy and the expensive ass fence. 

45 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

It is a friggin drone not a 747. If one is flying over my property, it is going down.   One was shot down last year right down street from me and the guy did not get in trouble...  Felony.... lmfao 

Edited by cbyzerman

9 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

It is not the same thing....  i had one hovering  4 feet above my back deck last year.....  That is creepy

• Like 1