The Neighbors Corn Pile

bhunterED

22 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

The only way its like looking in a bedroom window is if you fly up next to the house and look in the window. If someone is doing that, then yes, its creepy. Flying over someones property with a drone is the same as a manned airplane, helicopter, or hot air balloon flying over. Are you creeped out by those as well?

Lets be real. I was at a party a few years ago, one of my buddy's neighbors few a drone over us, it just felt weird that someone we didn't know was watching us. That's the beauty of the forums, all the different opinions. We went from corn to child molesters to chickens, now drones, what's next, studded snow tires?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, helmut in the bush said:

That's the beauty of the forums, all the different opinions. We went from corn to child molesters to chickens, now drones, what's next, studded snow tires?

Maybe we can include "Big Foot", mountain lions in the Adirondacks, cell service in the mountains and close out with a popular one of legal vs. practical hours for hunting.... 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So now youre saying hunting from a tree stand isnt really hunting, and its somehow equivalent to baiting?

No, that's not what I said. Seems like a reading comprehension problem. Go back and reread my post again, then tell me what made you come to that conclusion.

1 hour ago, helmut in the bush said:

what's next, studded snow tires?

I've killed two deer with studded snow tires. They were both well after legal shooting time. I didn't even tag them. I think I may have had a spotlight in the console, and I definitely remember having two bags of corn in the back of the truck. You know, for the chickens..

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I've killed two deer with studded snow tires. They were both well after legal shooting time. I didn't even tag them. I think I may have had a spotlight in the console, and I definitely remember having two bags of corn in the back of the truck. You know, for the chickens..

WURD! It's great when your neighbor has them, that way you can hear him coming down the road so you don't get caught peeking in his window 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

i have a pool. Pretty good privacy fence around it and my kids and wife use it most of the summer. My wife's not back there nude or anything, but damn if that's still not an invasion of my privacy and the expensive ass fence. 

So then what about hot air balloons, small airplanes, and helicopters? I get what you are saying, but if its not within a roofed structure, you cant count on privacy.

2 hours ago, cbyzerman said:

It is a friggin drone not a 747. If one is flying over my property, it is going down.   One was shot down last year right down street from me and the guy did not get in trouble...  Felony.... lmfao 

Go ahead and do whatever you like, but when you end up in jail or with a lawsuit, dont whine and cry about it.

2 hours ago, cbyzerman said:

It is not the same thing....  i had one hovering  4 feet above my back deck last year.....  That is creepy

So like I said, if you are doing things like hovering over a strangers deck at 4 feet, then you are doing something that you arent supposed to be doing. Why dont you go back and read all of the posts?

1 hour ago, eaglemountainman said:

No, that's not what I said. Seems like a reading comprehension problem. Go back and reread my post again, then tell me what made you come to that conclusion.

Like I said, do what you want. I don't care. It's very noble that you plant these plots to help sustain all wildlife all year long. But, let me ask you something. When hunting season rolls around, do you then set up a tree stand to shoot deer from, much the same as a bait pile hunter does? Or do you spend the same kind of time and effort breaking your ass actually hunting deer ? Good luck this season. Hope you shoot a good one.

20 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So then what about hot air balloons, small airplanes, and helicopters? I get what you are saying, but if its not within a roofed structure, you cant count on privacy.

i think one is expensive and maned. Typically not a helicopter or hot air balloon hovering over my sunbathing wife. The other is cheap, unmanned and a little creepy as the result. You have no idea the intentions of an unmanned flying contraptions. Does it bring weed or does it bring a pipe bomb? Is it spying on my 11 year old daughter and her friends in the pool or is it taking pics of my neighbors house for the realtor.

you get that at least right?

Drones. We will be hearing a lot more about those as prices come down and people start using them more. The potential for abuse is huge and I suspect it is human nature for people to push the envelope as far as they can. I don't even think we can imagine the extent of how these things will be used for terror activities in the future, and the invasion of privacy, and other offensive uses. I have no idea how extensive the regulations go right now, but I do hope that somebody is thinking real hard how to safeguard individuals from the potential abuses that will arise in the future.

I understand that they probably are fun to operate, but knowing how people like to push things, I suspect we are in for some interesting events that involve this new challenging technology.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eaglemountainman said:

Like I said, your reading comprehension needs a little work. I'll explain it to you.That was referring to shooting over the planted bait field, not tree stands.

My reading comprehension is just fine thanks. From what I quoted you saying, youre equating hunting from a stand to people that bait.

Also, I certainly hope that you dont hunt any food sources such as crop fields, orchards, etc. Same thing as hunting near a food plot.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Drones. We will be hearing a lot more about those as prices come down and people start using them more. The potential for abuse is huge and I suspect it is human nature for people to push the envelope as far as they can. I don't even think we can imagine the extent of how these things will be used for terror activities in the future, and the invasion of privacy, and other offensive uses. I have no idea how extensive the regulations go right now, but I do hope that somebody is thinking real hard how to safeguard individuals from the potential abuses that will arise in the future.

I understand that they probably are fun to operate, but knowing how people like to push things, I suspect we are in for some interesting events that involve this new challenging technology.

Anything and everything that exists gets abused. Drones have been, and currently are being abused by many people. They have had cases of people dropping things into prisons with them, flying them over the border and dropping drugs, harassment of others, etc. The people doing those things are wrong, and should be held accountable. There have been new laws and regulations popping up to combat such issues.

Then on the other side of the coin, you get people that think they have the right to shoot them down, or that noone is allowed to fly anything over their property. Those people are also wrong.

I agree that they need to firm up the laws and regulations surrounding them. There are alot of grey areas that should be firmed up so that everyone knows what their rights are involving drones.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

My reading comprehension is just fine thanks. From what I quoted you saying, youre equating hunting from a stand to people that bait.

Also, I certainly hope that you dont hunt any food sources such as crop fields, orchards, etc. Same thing as hunting near a food plot.

Apparently, it is a comprehension problem because of how you comprehended my post, which was completely wrong. Just slow down and try to concentrate a little bit harder. And no, I don't hunt over, or near, any man made food sources. BTW, ag crops are planted for the benefit of human consumption, or as fodder for livestock, not with the intent of attracting and holding wildlife in a specific area. 

Edited by eaglemountainman

1 hour ago, Doc said:

pretty sure they already tried to kill that president in south america using a drone a while back