The Neighbors Corn Pile

bhunterED

22 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

The only way its like looking in a bedroom window is if you fly up next to the house and look in the window. If someone is doing that, then yes, its creepy. Flying over someones property with a drone is the same as a manned airplane, helicopter, or hot air balloon flying over. Are you creeped out by those as well?

I have no problem at all with planes helicopters and hot air balloons flying over my house, like most normal people. I do have a problem with someone looking into my private business with my family in my back yard, it's flat-out CREEPY. Mind your own business CREEPY

• Like 1

On this one, I feel if you saw the bait in the field either from a property line or however it would be justified.  Based off the information you have provided, you have no proof of wrong doing and really no justification for accusing the person of wrong doing.  All you "know" (from a second hand source) is that he bought some corn from a local farmer, this happens all the time.  Are you sure the guy doesn't have a couple of pig, or beef cows he's feeding?  As stated, does he burn it for fuel?  If myself and family had a cold and I went to the drug store and bought a bunch of cold medicine and you saw me are you going to call the police accusing me of making meth?  Just asking...

DEC won't investigate without probable cause. Most likely will call the guy and ask what he is using it for and if the excuse is good enough they won't bother knocking on his door. A tipline isn't considered probable cause.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Chickens were the key players in a court case about air space rights actually. It was once thought you owned from heaven to hell , then airplanes came along . That changed all that , and airplanes had the right to fly above your property.

Ah but how low ? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Causby

83 feet in that case. There is currently no set limit.

2 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

I have no problem at all with planes helicopters and hot air balloons flying over my house, like most normal people. I do have a problem with someone looking into my private business with my family in my back yard, it's flat-out CREEPY. Mind your own business CREEPY

Seriously though, you dont think people take pictures from airplanes, hot air balloons and helicopters? Also, you honestly think that anything you do outdoors is completely private? You know that different companies are running satellite imagery pretty much all the time, right? The cameras on some of those satellites can see a hell of alot better than most drones.

In any case, if you have issues with some creep using a drone to harass you, there are ways of taking care of it without getting yourself into any type of hot water. Just sayin

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Seriously though, you dont think people take pictures from airplanes, hot air balloons and helicopters? Also, you honestly think that anything you do outdoors is completely private? You know that different companies are running satellite imagery pretty much all the time, right? The cameras on some of those satellites can see a hell of alot better than most drones.

In any case, if you have issues with some creep using a drone to harass you, there are ways of taking care of it without getting yourself into any type of hot water. Just sayin

If you feel it's cool to invade someone's privacy with a drone, go for it. I would not do that to another person.

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

this i can neither confirm or deny. :rofl:

3 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Why dont you answer the questions?

I know people take pictures out of planes, I've done it my self. I know satellites are always flying over gathering data, look at Google earth, and I'm sure the government could zoom in on me when ever they want. I'm sure it's legal to fly over someones property with a drone, but to hover over and film people without their consent, not cool. Like I said before, I was at a buddy's party when a neighbor flew one over everybody filming, I wasn't the only person that had something to say about it, nobody there liked it. Did I answer everything?