The Neighbors Corn Pile

bhunterED

22 hours ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Rob-- whatever you wrote about me will be negative as always. Other members are catching on to this as well. Glad, I blocked out this Idiot!. Signing off for the night.

Dude, FU! You come in here posting about poaching and trespassing from the get go, I think it was like your third or fourth post about hunting an un-posted plot of private land you have no permission to hunt. You keep posting about it like your proud. What members are catching on to what?? The ones who are starting to see YOU as a poacher and trespasser? Yes they are.

Here's an idea! That Storm914 dude has an infatuation with the ADK's, maybe the two of you can get on the same page and do a turkey hunt up North. If memory serves me right, you have never been in the Dacks, so it would be a challenge for the both of you.

Have a nice night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

That might help, you could also get a auxiliary battery pack, then you could hub it up all day.

Ya I grabbed mine out of my “ go bag “ and changed it to full, will drop it in my hunting pack .

4 hours ago, ncountry said:

Well that's it! You guys have done it now..

I have wasted the last 15 minutes of my hunt catching up on this thread.. Who knows how many deer walked by in this rain...

I better get down before it's too late...;)

FFS can't you leave your damned smartphone at the house when you're hunting?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Speaking of reading forum on stand, it’s been killing my battery when I read and post from the woods  . Should I turn off Bluetooth ? 

Stick a hot hands toe warmer on the back of your phone and the other one inside the pocket you keep it in...I do this for skilift as well

Edited by OtiscoPaul

22 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

I know people take pictures out of planes, I've done it my self. I know satellites are always flying over gathering data, look at Google earth, and I'm sure the government could zoom in on me when ever they want. I'm sure it's legal to fly over someones property with a drone, but to hover over and film people without their consent, not cool. Like I said before, I was at a buddy's party when a neighbor flew one over everybody filming, I wasn't the only person that had something to say about it, nobody there liked it. Did I answer everything?

There ya go! Guess what? I agree With ya!

This thread reminds of a joke I heard.

Little Johnny is sitting on a bench in the park. He has a big bag full of candy bars and is eating them as fast as he can one after another.

An old man is sitting on a bench nearby, sees this going on and says " damn boy you aren't going to live long eating candy bars like that".

Little Johnny says " Oh yeah well my granddad lived to be 97".

The old man says " You're granddad lived to 97 eating candy bars like that?"

Little Johnny says " No, he minded his own f ing business. "

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 6

9 hours ago, chas0218 said:

Think i saw some at walmart. Pretty cheap too. Less than $8 for a bag is pretty good i would think.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I saw some the other day at Wally for $5 a bag. The shelf was damn near cleaned out. Runnings had a sale on blocks of "Hickory Rage", and the table didnt have many left on it. The stuff is used by more people than many would think. A few local farmers that I know of make more money selling individual bags of corn to guys around this time of year than they do selling it in bulk. They have a hard time keeping up with the demand sometimes.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I saw some the other day at Wally for $5 a bag. The shelf was damn near cleaned out. Runnings had a sale on blocks of "Hickory Rage", and the table didnt have many left on it. The stuff is used by more people than many would think. A few local farmers that I know of make more money selling individual bags of corn to guys around this time of year than they do selling it in bulk. They have a hard time keeping up with the demand sometimes.

So your saying baiting is commonplace. I agree

9 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Yep. Im actually getting to the point where I think that those of us that dont do it are probably the minority.

100% agree especially in my area where I work.  Then I get looks from these individuals as if they can't comprehend how I haven't seen a deer yet....

So If I wanna bait and don’t want to get in trouble can I eat corn and only corn for like 3 days and then take a massive dump in front of my stand is that baiting? I’m just looking for ways to circumvent the law so I can join the masses and not be a law breaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 11:22 AM, WNYBuckHunter said:

Seriously though, you dont think people take pictures from airplanes, hot air balloons and helicopters? Also, you honestly think that anything you do outdoors is completely private? You know that different companies are running satellite imagery pretty much all the time, right? The cameras on some of those satellites can see a hell of alot better than most drones.

In any case, if you have issues with some creep using a drone to harass you, there are ways of taking care of it without getting yourself into any type of hot water. Just sayin

If he wants to be more creeped out, a friend of a friend works for the FBI, They can access your smart phones camera at any time..  front or back.. Jus saying..  lol. 

23 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

If he wants to be more creeped out, a friend of a friend works for the FBI, They can access your smart phones camera at any time..  front or back.. Jus saying..  lol. 

If the FBI's checking you out, they probably have good reason to, that's better than your neighbor doing it with his pants around his ankles. Glad to see this is still kicking. Is there any info on what the 8 tons of corn was used for? and was the Game Warden called?

• Like 2

Speaking of reading forum on stand, it’s been killing my battery when I read and post from the woods  . Should I turn off Bluetooth ? 

Bluetooth doesn’t have much of an effect. The draw is when you’re on cell data and even more so when your signal is low, which it probably is in the deer woods. Also check your screen brightness. And the cold doesn’t help either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

If the FBI's checking you out, they probably have good reason to, that's better than your neighbor doing it with his pants around his ankles. Glad to see this is still kicking. Is there any info on what the 8 tons of corn was used for? and was the Game Warden called?

Not sure, but i have a few deer on cam that look like they visit that corn pile daily lol l