The Neighbors Corn Pile

bhunterED

34 minutes ago, silent death said:

not sure how dec would take it honestly if he owns 8-10 chickens and dumps a bucket out for them iam not sure they would do anything about it anyways

What's wrong with feeding chickens? We have 10 or so - if we can't keep feeding them, they sure aren't going to last very long - those DANG things need to eat!

I'm not a poacher, jacklighter, baiter, or some other scum for feeding my chickens, am I? :rofl:

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 2

Did anybody ask u nope and besides hes got a deer feeder he stopped using sense we bought our house next to him that is still up ...but u do what ya want seems u know it all everybody has the own beliefs and did I say I turned him in no I did not so keep bein a dick if ya want I could care less.

Edited by silent death

9 minutes ago, silent death said:

Did anybody ask u nope

9 minutes ago, silent death said:

keep bein a dick if ya want I could care less

C'mon man, no need for name calling. You have to admit, this is a wild thread. I seriously keep chickens, and when they're out in the yard, we seriously feed them. So I was asking a serious question.

All good?

• Like 1

Just now, Steuben Jerry said:

C'mon man, no need for name calling. You have to admit, this is a wild thread. I seriously keep chickens, and when they're out in the yard, we seriously feed them. So I was asking a serious question.

All good?

All good man I get what your saying I was hoping u were bein a little sarcastic because a 5 gallon bucket of corn a day for 8 chickens is a lot lol I can look out my back door and see the old feeder he use to use before we bought our house next door to him 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, silent death said:

All good man I get what your saying I was hoping u were bein a little sarcastic because a 5 gallon bucket of corn a day for 8 chickens is a lot lol I can look out my back door and see the old feeder he use to use before we bought our house next door to him 

Serious question, is the deer feeder you can see one of the automatic feed ones?  Did he maybe use that to throw feed to said chickens daily instead of having to dump a 5 gallon bucket?

• Like 1

Just now, Rack Attack said:

Serious question, is the deer feeder you can see one of the automatic feed ones?  Did he maybe use that to throw feed to said chickens daily instead of having to dump a 5 gallon bucket?

No he told me.it was a deer feeder it's on the back side of his  property where there is a tree stand his son used when he was home from college but sense we bought our house 3 years ago he has not put anything in the feeder sense this is a hand made house type feeder like a troth about 4 foot up in a tree

No he told me.it was a deer feeder it's on the back side of his  property where there is a tree stand his son used when he was home from college but sense we bought our house 3 years ago he has not put anything in the feeder sense this is a hand made house type feeder like a troth about 4 foot up in a tree
Pics or it didn't happen

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, silent death said:

He dont hunt them that's why i never really cared what he does besides not sure how dec would take it honestly if he owns 8-10 chickens and dumps a bucket out for them iam not sure they would do anything about it anyways....but I assure you if he was hunting them we would have words I just said to him a couple times it wasnt right to have the deer rely on him for the feed I try to keep it civil with neighbors to a point.  Since I said that to him though he has cut  back a little on what he throws  out

Yeah, kinda be tough with the chickens there and all. It good you say something though. One would be surprised how many really don't know it's against the law feeding deer or even care in breaking it.  It worth educating people on the fact, just the same.

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I love chickens....

Me too I eat atleast 2 per week.When I worked on the chicken farm with 10'000 birds they would have that eaten in a month Yup me was an egg picker and chicken plucker what fun I had working for that farm

Just a thinking if this was myself what would I do?Yup I would move my stand/blind nearer to the edge of my land and Hunt more your not breaking the law just using a Dumb ass neighbor to do it for ya.This world is full of A..holes last I knew.I have an agervating neighbor that lets his dogs out and they do their duty off in my yard then while cleaning up yard i get shovel and toss the poo on his drveway/walkway

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Years back in Fl I had a friend who's father got reported for buying a ton of corn,somebody assumed he must be making shine with all that corn cause what else would someone need corn for.  Anyways he wasn't making shine and nothing came of it,except everyone found out real fast who the person was that falsely accused him with absolutely no evidence.  That guy moved out of the area within a year because of how he was treated and things that were done,I get that the guy probably thought he was doing something good calling the cops but he screwed himself in the end since he did it without any evidence.

Lol. This is a good one. To the OP, I think you need to take a deep breath and take a walk. Going around calling cops making accusations without evidence is a bigger issue in my eyes than someone feeding deer. Not to mention the lesson you teach your kids that it’s cool to accuse people with no proof.
Tons of people bait, I could call DEC today and give them addresses to at least 2 dozen properties that I’ve heard through the grape vine bait with corn. A couple of these properties are close to me, hell I even watched the one guy offload his 4 wheeler with corn bags on the racks and head across the road up to where he hunts. I could have easily taken a picture for that thing your lacking called evidence. But, I have better things to do in my life than get some guys balls busted over a little bit of corn.

Now on the chicken thing, I’ve got over 100 free ranging. I feed them corn everyday. I have free access to all the corn I could ever need from work so I’m extremely liberal when feeding. I also have a connection for apples and pears and get a big delivery every week. All of this gets tossed into my yard. The deer hop my chicken fence and feed along side my chickens every day of the week. I’m not intentionally feeding the deer, but it’s happening. My neighbor who I bring corn to is also inadvertently feeding deer too. He drops the corn mixed with bread and the deer will come pick up what’s left after the cows are done. DEC going to start ticketing every farmer now because the deer are sneaking in and stealing some corn that wasn’t meant for them? I can’t count how many times I’ll come back from hunting, not seeing a single thing in the woods only to come home and find a couple does in my yard picking up whatever kernels might be left from todays feeding. If I had a neighbor calling DEC on me for this, I’d make sure he regretted ever picking up the phone.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I love chickens....

I met a big fella from Virginia recently and he was asking another guy where to get a good meal. The second guy said “what do you like to eat?” To which the VA guy replied “Chickens” 

and that was all he said, in plural form. Chickens. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/5/2018 at 8:36 PM, bhunterED said:

So it turns out that one of the neighboring land owners is definitely putting out corn. He has multiple food plots but I guess he figures he could use a little more attractiveness to his land. Its just tg a little though. An 8 Ton little yep 8 FREAKING TON. I happen to work for the farmers cousin who sells it to him and the man has no reason to lie. Years ago I caught the guys kid out in the woods with a bag of corn but seeing as it was summer and he was just a kid a said he just wanted to get some pics I let it go. But now years later and the kid has grown up to be a pile just like his old man I'm sure they put it in front of their stands then. I've made up my mind that I'm going to make a call about it but not really sure what they will do about it as I haven't seen it on the ground and the property is posted but at least I'm trying to do right.

I’m short on time, did you call the DEC yet?

11 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Food plots are legal, doesnt matter if some dont like it. Bait piles are not.

True. And I make no judgement on anybody's hunting methods. I really don't care. It's none of my business. But I do follow my own conscience, and my coscience tells me that there is little distinction between the two.

• Like 1