The Neighbors Corn Pile

bhunterED

36 minutes ago, eaglemountainman said:

True. And I make no judgement on anybody's hunting methods. I really don't care. It's none of my business. But I do follow my own conscience, and my coscience tells me that there is little distinction between the two.

My conscience tells me when i break my ass to put in a food plot that benefits all wildlife (not just deer) and feeds them throughout the entire year thats the right thing to do. Trust me when i tell you that anybody that does land mgt.and also puts in foorplots and maintains those food plots that the wildlife  reap way more benefits then the couple deer i kill each year. My conscience tells me that dumping a bag of corn in a pile just to harvest deer and that has no long lasting sustainable  value to deer or wildlife is not ethical. I guess we think differently and i clearly see no correlation between baiting vs. Food plots/land mgt. And for the record i dont give a rats ass either what the guy next door to me does, its never diminished my ability to kill deer. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Food plots are legal, doesnt matter if some dont like it. Bait piles are not.

For those who choose that , why not just plant the food they like and not break the law ,

You could even look up what flowers and plants deer really love  online   and go down to your local nursery and buy some already grown plants  and put them in the spot you want the deer to show up at   And keep within the law .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

If the guy has 8 tons of corn being delivered, quick math tells me that he spent roughly $1500 on the corn! That's a lot for someone to spend on deer bait. 16,000lbs divided by roughly 55lbs per bushel equals roughly 300 bushels. Multiply that by we'll say $5/ bushel= $1500+/-. I'm not saying that someone out there wouldn't do it but wow...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

For those who choose that , why not just plant the food they like and not break the law ,

You could even look up what flowers and plants deer really love  online   and go down to your local nursery and buy some already grown plants  and put them in the spot you want the deer to show up at   And keep within the law .

People don't want to do food plots because it's work and costs money. An 8 dollar bag of corn or a pickup truck load of droped apples is easier and cheaper.

If you think food plots are baiting then you should never hunt a farm! Aren't they just big food plots?

Edited by biggamefish
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 6:25 AM, sits in trees said:

Probably best off minding your own business. Is it really worth the trouble it could bring you. 

I wouldn't take advice from a guy who still shops at dicks because they're cheaper.

some people have principals, and others are just looking for the easy road in life.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

My conscience tells me when i break my ass to put in a food plot that benefits all wildlife (not just deer) and feeds them throughout the entire year thats the right thing to do. Trust me when i tell you that anybody that does land mgt.and also puts in foorplots and maintains those food plots that the wildlife  reap way more benefits then the couple deer i kill each year. My conscience tells me that dumping a bag of corn in a pile just to harvest deer and that has no long lasting sustainable  value to deer or wildlife is not ethical. I guess we think differently and i clearly see no correlation between baiting vs. Food plots/land mgt. And for the record i dont give a rats ass either what the guy next door to me does, its never diminished my ability to kill deer. 

Like I said, do what you want. I don't care. It's very noble that you plant these plots to help sustain all wildlife all year long. But, let me ask you something. When hunting season rolls around, do you then set up a tree stand to shoot deer from, much the same as a bait pile hunter does? Or do you spend the same kind of time and effort breaking your ass actually hunting deer ? Good luck this season. Hope you shoot a good one.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:00 AM, bhunterED said:

As in my original post I have already stated what I was going to do. Some may call me a rat or a snitch. I'm fine with that it's no skin off my back. As also stated previously I was raised and taught to do and stand up for what's right and that's what I have and will continue to do.

For all of you who do however want to call me a rat or snitch here's something to think about, so what do you do when your neighbor is molesting some kid, turn your back and mind your own business as so many have said to do, or stand up for what's right and do the right thing? 

sometimes this place is confusing. 80% of the time everyone is ethical and morally god like in everything they do. Yet here, you're getting bashed because your hunting is ruined by someone possibly breaking the law? How is this any different than the same people who get all riled up about shooting 10 minutes after legal light or trespassers is beyond me. 

good luck and I hope it works out for you.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

People don't want to do food plots because it's work and costs money. An 8 dollar bag of corn or a pickup truck load of droped apples is easier and cheaper.

If you think food plots are baiting then you should never hunt a farm! Aren't they just big food plots?

Was not criticizing how someone likes  to hunt  and 

I dont know  about  the cost .

, but you can pick up fully grown plants at any nursery  seems a guy could just as easily find out what plants deer like best buy them  not even take them out of the pots there in and place them where ever you want to  attract deer  . 

And not break the law . 

I don't think there doing that because of cost .

6 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Was not criticizing how someone likes  to hunt  and 

I dont know  about  the cost .

, but you can pick up fully grown plants at any nursery  seems a guy could just as easily find out what plants deer like best buy them  not even take them out of the pots there in and place them where ever you want to  attract deer  . 

And not break the law . 

I don't think there doing that because of cost .

I'm lost   So you're against food plots but leaving out begonias in flower pots is ok to attract the deer ?

16 minutes ago, eaglemountainman said:

Like I said, do what you want. I don't care. It's very noble that you plant these plots to help sustain all wildlife all year long. But, let me ask you something. When hunting season rolls around, do you then set up a tree stand to shoot deer from, much the same as a bait pile hunter does? Or do you spend the same kind of time and effort breaking your ass actually hunting deer ? Good luck this season. Hope you shoot a good one.

Actually i dont hunt the plots very much at all,  but i will go to them if i need to fill the freezer with a doe or 2. Plots are not a slam dunk as most suspect, not easy seeing a mature buck during daylight hours in my plots. And to answer your question i sure do work my ass off to kill deer, just poke around and you will find out.  To you as well, good luck and get a big one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I'm lost   So you're against food plots but leaving out begonias in flower pots is ok to attract the deer ?

I'm not against food plots  dont care . I'm just saying  to those that Bait ,

Why bait if you can plant or grap some  potted plants in a nursery  and do the same thing and not break the law ,  Makes no sense  just  to save a few dollars  and risk getting in trouble. 

I had a neighbor call in on me for laying out corn .. guilty as charged... not during season and definitely not where I hunt.  It was layed out in view of the kids window, and they would wake up every morning to see the deer and coming running in my bed to tell me all about it.

two troopers and a DEC car come knocking on the door to question me about it and advised that my hunting privileges will be suspended.  They opted to use their discretion on this instance and was let off with a warning.

i would go through 2 bags a week Easily, perhaps talking to the neighbors first and handling your neighborly issue like an adult without having to call authorities could make things easier for you, and keep the smiles on the little ones faces... but that’s my opinion

7 hours ago, Belo said:

sometimes this place is confusing. 80% of the time everyone is ethical and morally god like in everything they do. Yet here, you're getting bashed because your hunting is ruined by someone possibly breaking the law? How is this any different than the same people who get all riled up about shooting 10 minutes after legal light or trespassers is beyond me. 

Did you really compare child molestation to baiting deer with local corn??

terrible analogy sir... talk to your neighbor ... that, is “doing the right thing” as you say you were raised to do...since when is doing the right thing a phrase used to justify calling 911 to report corn.

16 hours ago, eaglemountainman said:

So now youre saying hunting from a tree stand isnt really hunting, and its somehow equivalent to baiting?

8 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So now youre saying hunting from a tree stand isnt really hunting, and its somehow equivalent to baiting?

I get so confused. Am I allowed to hunt how I want as long as it's legal or is there still a baseball style unwritten rules book that I must follow? :drinks:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Belo said:

That is my issue with the OP. he has no proof. He hasn't seen the piles and it's just from what some folks are saying. Sprinkle in his assertions about the guys wealth and owning property in Kansas and It come off as jealousy and looking for a way to bust this neighbors stones.  

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1