ODYSSEUS

STEVIE NICKS--Edge Of 17--1982-- Video And Song.

Yeah.  Coked up chick with a moderate talent in an overproduced video from a very bad time in American musical history.  Bleh. 

Sorry.  I was big fan of Fleetwood Mac in the days *before* Nicks/Buckingham.  Saw them live in 1972, they were tremendous.  From the day Nicks joined the "band", I hated them.  This is a good example of why.

Nothing personal.  :) I just happen to have been there and didn't like it....

• Sad 1

jmark-- disagree totally with you buddy-- nothing personal. Stevie Nick's was one of the best. Not a kind thing to hijack another members thread.

34 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

fleetwood mac was better before nicks and buckingham?  come on now........ 

I guess "better" is a subjective thing, eh?  To me, and I saw them live before and soon after, the Mac of the "Bare Trees" period was the best the band ever was.  They were at that time almost a cult band, a West Coast sound, but melodic, songful.  Welch had a lot to do with it, but I love Christine's vocals, and of course Mick's drums were always the only rock solid core of the band.  

Apologies to the OP, it was a bit rude, what I did.  But the history of FM is a sort of a sore spot with me.  I just never warmed up to them post-Buckingham.  No doubt he's a great guitarist.  But from that point on, they were a pop band, plain and simple.  Just look at how many times they hit the top of the "charts", almost by definition making them irrelevant to rock music.  I just never like Nicks.  Egotistical floozie.  The exact opposite of Christine.  

Oh, well.  I know I'm in a tiny minority, but I'm not alone in this.  Still, it's all music, it's all good, it's all just about enjoying life and having fun etc.  So please, don't take my comments personally, I have a lot of very strong opinions about the history of rock music.  Ask me about the time I saw Clapton, in 1974, and as un-announced guests he had... Leon Russell, Bonnie & Delaney, Pete Townsend and Carl Radle.  :)  I could go on... (I'm old, and I had a very misspent youth)...

BTW, this will probably add insult to injury, but the link to Lorrie Morgan above was supposed to be this one (I think I must have waited too long to copy the URL and it went to the next vid).  I just love this.  Sorry OP, I know I should start my own thread.  But I just wanted to correct the above.  I mean, ya gotta love this, no? 

Edit: I saw the Beach Boys in 1972, they were nothing short of amazing.  Bands don't do live performances like that any more.  

Edited by jmark
  • Like 1

I kind of like the Runaways over Fleetwood Mac or Nicks, or even Heart. The Runaways gave us Joan Jett and Lita Ford. Made far more of an impact in the world of rock IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMDn6V7ZLhE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNw7jYkbVc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIt3OGra3Lo

Funny-- no replys on this thread on the day, I posted it- but a hurricane on the 2nd! TwoSeventy was right.  Enjoy the video and song if you like Stevie Nick's. If you don't like her- just don't waste your time and watch it and leave Negative replys.  Post your own Thread with your thoughts as is proper.

12 hours ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Funny-- no replys on this thread on the day, I posted it- but a hurricane on the 2nd! TwoSeventy was right.  Enjoy the video and song if you like Stevie Nick's. If you don't like her- just don't waste your time and watch it and leave Negative replys.  Post your own Thread with your thoughts as is proper.

Are you serious? God you are such an attention hog. If it's not about Bill, turkey hunting, or YouTube it's not valid! You seem to forget it's deer season, and many, and I mean many, of the people on this site hunt deer this time of year. 

I think Fleetwood Mac is touring. Lindsey Buckingham was kicked out of the band. They won’t be the same without him.

Glad, I blocked out the Idiot one post up from water rat. Whatever he wrote is going to be Negative about me as always. Other members are catching on to this as well. Signing off for the night.