Samsung phone users.

Bionic

Hello everyone.

So I this POS Samsung Galaxy s8+, worst phone that I have EVER had.  Anyways, do any of you have issues sending texts to certain people?

For example, I cannot send texts to 2 contacts...both coincidentally have one of these grabage Samsung's....the text box where you would type your text, says "you are no longer a participant in this conversation" and will not allow you to type.  

Tried to Google, but they talk in ways I do not understand.  

Anyone experienced this before?

Thank you

I have one.  There seems to be some kind of issue with texting from Samsung to Apple.  Doesn't happen all the time and I have no idea why it does.  I blame it on the companies and their idiotic intellectual property arguments.  As much as I hate the idea of more govt regulation, I think we need some enforced standardization in the telecommunications industry.... FWIW, I've tried ALL of the cell phone brands, and they ALL suck. 

• Like 1

I have one.  There seems to be some kind of issue with texting from Samsung to Apple.  Doesn't happen all the time and I have no idea why it does.  I blame it on the companies and their idiotic intellectual property arguments.  As much as I hate the idea of more govt regulation, I think we need some enforced standardization in the telecommunications industry.... FWIW, I've tried ALL of the cell phone brands, and they ALL suck. 

Samsung and the Pixel phones are the top of the line. Debating whether to go Samsung S10 or wait for a 5G pixel maybe Pixel 4? I currently have an S7 edge. It is still far ahead of even the most recent iPhone

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Android to apple group messaging is an issue. However android to android is a programming or company issue. 

Google the company you pay apn's your mmsc is your text programming is specific make sure it matches exactly. Also IV4 or IV6 must match in the box below.  Send me an pm with your company if you cant figure it out ill look it up and send it to you.

Samsung to Samsung is giving me the issues not Samsung to Apple.

I am glad you guys are enjoying your Samsungs.  I personally do not like it at all.  Lots of issues as far as not liking how the software is, the amount of buttons needed to perform certain tasks, etc.  Its been running fine other than this, love the photo quality.  I just think you need to press way too many buttons to do what you want it to do.  Hard to explain, but glad you guys are enjoying them.  I will switch asap personally.   Oh well.

I have the S5, but haven't had any issues texting anyone. My only complaint is the damn battery dies so fast! The battery itself is <2yrs old. When I have my data on, I can watch the battery % drop! I can't leave my data on. I just turn it on long enough to do what I need to do, then back off it goes! When I'm hunting, I carry a couple battery packs to charge the phone up. I have any battery draining apps turned off, brightness turned down, wifi turned off (unless I need), etc... 

6 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I have reset it actually.  I must have a bad apple no pun intended....

By the way this curved screen is assinine if i might say, the otterbox cannot cover the front....dumb setup.  

Lifeproof case is the way to go. I bought one at store. wife was nagging me to get one online cheaper. I told her I needed a case , I'm too clumsy. dont you know it we walk out of sprint store I fumble this $1000 celly right on the pavement! glad I bought the case. we both started laughing instantly. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NYBowhunter said:

Have had iphones many years ago, switched over to samsung and never looked back. I feel the samsung phones are just more easier to operate and  user friendly. I just picked up the galaxy note 9, love it, so many usable features.

I honestly feel the complete opposite.   I feel like you need to press many more buttons to do what you want, over Iphone.  iPhone is still a piece of garbage though.  

I will go back to Iphone at this point...but dies the pixel 3 send CLEAR videos to Iphone?
This POS Samsung sends the videos BLURRY to Apple phones.
Dude apple sends shit videos that look like they were filmed with a potato to any non apple product. It's because apple is dog shit

• Like 1

After hating iPhones for years, I got the S8.  And met... Bixby.  And never have I hated any "app" as much.  And apparently you can't delete or disable it.

All these "cell phone companies" are really in the data business.  And of course, so are the browser and email providers.  It's an ugly reality, contrary to everything I ever believed about privacy and independence.  

I recently "downgraded" to a J7.  So far, it seems at least better than the more expensive phones.  Battery lasts longer, too.  But frankly, I'd go back to a flip phone if I could get basic web searching and mapping on it.... 

10 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Dude apple sends shit videos that look like they were filmed with a potato to any non apple product. It's because apple is dog shit

That is how this shit box galaxy sends vids to Apple though, so wth do I do? Lol all my friends, and fam have Apple, at those points vids sent clear, when I have my iphone 6+

Edited by Bionic

That is how this shit box galaxy sends vids to Apple though, so wth do I do? Lol all my friends, and fam have Apple, at those points vids sent clear, when I have my iphone 6+
Tell them to get good phones that aren't shit and stop swinging from apples neutered nutsack

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Tell them to get good phones that aren't shit and stop swinging from apples neutered nutsack

Lol.  This samsung really is shit though.   Is what it is.  Nothing like a curved screen that can't figure out wtf your pressing.  

Oh well.