Sad Day for NYS!

I can't believe the margin Cuomo won by!

I voted Red across the boards, with the exception of my Town Justice, had Conservative or Dem, went Conservative.

I can't believe the people in this state! Who would vote for a man who cuts school funding to build gondolas, wants to take away SS and Disability benefits to give more money to illegals ( yeah, I said illegals! ), loves Obama Care, and hates the second amendment? I could go on and on with all the reasons not to have voted this jerk in for a third term, but those of us with a brain are already aware.

And please, save the rhetoric about "Upstate" people need to get out and vote! We do! The problem is the large metro areas that outnumber the small towns! I really don't even want to have that discussion again, to hard to make people understand that.

Anyone who voted Blue, I hope your hair falls out! Anyone who voted 3rd party, I hope the fleas of 50,000 camels infest your crotch!

Here's to another two years of bullshit, and to a most likely Presidential run from this dork in 2020!

To all my fellow voters who voted Red across the board, thank you for trying to get NYS in some form of sanity again! 

Edited by Rob...
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Papist said:

Metro areas are basically not America in NY state. Dominated by needy welfare foreigners and inter-generational welfare recipients 

I agree, but what's your point? Small towns still can't compete with the numbers. People keep saying UpState doesn't vote, and we do.

• Like 1

the point is that foreign migration is changing the political and cultural landscape. The post 1965  insane push for diversity has ruined America. I believe the nation will break up within 3 generations as the divisions become untenable within the context of a single national identity . We no longer have a shared identity and each year that becomes ever more obvious and evident

Edited by Papist
  • Like 4

New York is in a very tough spot for everyone other than the libs/die hard dems.

We have an extremely weak Republican Party. Molinaro was a terrible candidate and many myself included voted 3rd party. I think the only chance we will ever have in getting our state back is with a 3rd party candidate. A Republican can’t get dems votes and dems can’t get republicans votes so we are screwed until something changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Papist said:

the point is that foreign migration is changing the political and cultural landscape. The post 1965  insane push for diversity has ruined America. I believe the nation will break up within 3 generations as the divisions become untenable within the context of a single national identity . We no longer have a shared identity and each year that becomes ever more obvious and evident

I don't know if it was 1965 that did it, that opened a door. I feel more like the 90's through present have been damning to this country and what it is supposed to stand for. I guess I just look at things differently.

5 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

New York is in a very tough spot for everyone other than the libs/die hard dems.

We have an extremely weak Republican Party. Molinaro was a terrible candidate and many myself included voted 3rd party. I think the only chance we will ever have in getting our state back is with a 3rd party candidate. A Republican can’t get dems votes and dems can’t get republicans votes so we are screwed until something changes.

No NYS Governor is never going to win on a 3rd party vote! If they did, that person would have to be straight out of a movie or comic book. All your votes for that third party were votes for Cuomo! Having a dream is one thing, dealing with reality is another. The bottom line is, and I know you don't like this, but we have to vote for the lesser of two evils. Having dreams is one thing, dealing with reality is another.

12 minutes ago, Rob... said:

I don't know if it was 1965 that did it, that opened a door. I feel more like the 90's through present have been damning to this country and what it is supposed to stand for. I guess I just look at things differently.

Pre 1965 immigration was almost an entirely Northern European affair, the same stock of people with essentially the same religious and cultural world outlook. That all changed in 65 and it has been an ever more slippery slope with each passing year, to the point now where we have a mainstream political party opposing the very idea of a national border. Game over without an actual shooting war to sort things out. Diversity + proximity historically always ends in war. I expect to see the beginning of the end within my lifetime. 

Edited by Papist

No NYS Governor is never going to win on a 3rd party vote! If they did, that person would have to be straight out of a movie or comic book. All your votes for that third party were votes for Cuomo! Having a dream is one thing, dealing with reality is another. The bottom line is, and I know you don't like this, but we have to vote for the lesser of two evils. Having dreams is one thing, dealing with reality is another.

“And please, save the rhetoric about "Upstate" people need to get out and vote! We do! The problem is the large metro areas that outnumber the small towns! I really don't even want to have that discussion again, to hard to make people understand that.”

Your words, we had record turn outs and still if you add 3rd party and republicans votes it still won’t equal dick heads votes.

Our only hope is a strong 3rd party candidate.

My dream comes true in 18 years and 4 days when I retire and hall my ass to a free state! “If there still is one then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Papist said:

Pre 1965 immigration was almost an entirely Northern European affair, the same stock of people with essentially the same religious and cultural world outlook. That all changed in 65 and it has been an ever more slippery slope with each passing year, to the point now where we have a mainstream political party opposing the very idea of a national border. Game over without an actual shooting war to sort things out. Diversity + proximity historically always ends in war. I expect to see the beginning of the end within my lifetime. 

You're a supremacist who wants this war. Not everyone does! 

7 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

“And please, save the rhetoric about "Upstate" people need to get out and vote! We do! The problem is the large metro areas that outnumber the small towns! I really don't even want to have that discussion again, to hard to make people understand that.”

Your words, we had record turn outs and still if you add 3rd party and republicans votes it still won’t equal dick heads votes.

Our only hope is a strong 3rd party candidate.

My dream comes true in 18 years and 4 days when I retire and hall my ass to a free state! “If there still is one then.

18 years and 4 days? Seems like you have all the numbers down. I wish you the best of luck. If I could leave I would!

5 minutes ago, Papist said:

Too many vested but opposed political interests and atomized groups vying for power. Politics has no answers in this climate. This ends in slow national death and decay or war. 

You will be fine in your bunker. Safely hidden away from that war. Just a tip, those Mountain house Ice Cream Sandwiches taste like shit.

48 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

No surprise here. Republicans never have a strong enough candidate to run against Mr. Cuomo. He's hard to beat in a Democratic state. I still say term limits.

Tells us everything we need to know about the state of morals and outlook for the majority of New Yorkers, that such a maniac can even get a look in. 

Even Bill Kristol now admits that racial demography is dividing the nation:

I've always disliked the phrase "demography is destiny," as it seems to minimize the capacity for deliberation and self-government, for reflection and choice. But looking at tonight's results in detail, one has to say that today, in America, demography sure seems to be destiny.

America is a heavily divided nation. It only gets worse from here out with low birth rates and no apparent end in sight to the disastrous migration policy we have. Earlier this year an acquaintance was inducted as a US Citizen. She told me that 95 percent of these new Americans with her were Muslim and non-white.

The future of this country is simply too much for some people to accept. But get used to the idea of conflict of many kinds that ultimately lead to 1 nation becoming 3 or 4 within the lifespan of a human being. 

This from WBEN this morning:

RACE FOR GOVERNOR

Democrat Andrew Cuomo was elected to a third term as the leader of the nation's fourth-largest state, winning over Republican Marc Molinaro.

Black voters and Hispanic voters were more likely to favor Cuomo. White voters overall were divided in their support over Cuomo and Molinaro.

Whites without a college degree were split over Cuomo and Molinaro. Conversely, white college graduates supported Cuomo.

https://wben.radio.com/articles/new-york-voters-say-nation-headed-wrong-way

Demography IS destiny. Get used to your slice of America getting smaller and smaller and smaller.  Our problems are not political. They are much more fundamental. 

Take a look a these pro Sharia, CAIR endorsed victories in NJ. You think more of this bodes well for America?

Assad Akhtar, Passaic County Freeholder

Mohamed T. Khairullah, Mayor Prospect Park

Alaa Abdelaziz, Councilman,

Paterson Hazim Yassin, Councilman, Red Bank

Ilhan Omar, the Muslim woman who MARRIED HER BROTHER, won Minnesota’s 5th congressional district. Let that sink in for a bit.

Edited by Papist

8 hours ago, Papist said:

Pre 1965 immigration was almost an entirely Northern European affair, the same stock of people with essentially the same religious and cultural world outlook.

That is not true.  Plenty of Italians and Greeks from southern Europe, and Slavs and Jews from eastern Europe came to this country at the turn of the century thru 1965.   They can not be considered "Northern" Europeans.

7 hours ago, hrvat said:

wonder how bad are the gun laws going get? 

Buy now. With Cuomo and both houses under Democrat control the Safe Act 2 will dwarf the first one. Only hope is that with the US Senate picking up Republican seats SCOTUS Nominations should be easier. So keep your fingers crossed that Ginsberg doesn't make it 2 years and we get an even bigger cushion. 

• Like 3

The number of people who vote democrat in NYS is staggering.   Of course it's a given in NYC and the surrounding counties, but I just looked at the results from the upstate counties where Molinaro did win the counties, but yet his margin of victory was still not that great.  Plenty of people in the rural parts of upstate NY voted for Cuomo which really starts boggling the mind!

32 minutes ago, steve863 said:

The number of people who vote democrat in NYS is staggering.   Of course it's a given in NYC and the surrounding counties, but I just looked at the results from the upstate counties where Molinaro did win the counties, but yet his margin of victory was still not that great.  Plenty of people in the rural parts of upstate NY voted for Cuomo which really starts boggling the mind!

More and more of those areas are depressed and looking for a handout. I grew up In Herkimer and is sin't even a shadow of it's former self now. Businesses all moved out and it is a drug den and a welfare community with many getting assistance in some form or fashion.  The Dem's are the party of free stuff. Hard to compete with that. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hrvat said:

wonder how bad are the gun laws going get? 

Could get interesting. Politicians don't like falling behind and California and yesterday Washington State passed laws that makes NY look behind. Cuomo likes to hang his hat on having the "best" or "toughest".

27 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Plenty of people in the rural parts of upstate NY voted for Cuomo which really starts boggling the mind!

If Molinaro would have got the Green Party & Libertarian party votes he would have won and if my Aunt had balls she would be my Uncle.

Even though there were record voter turn outs I think the ones that needed to vote still did not. To many people are complacent.

• Like 3