Weather for Opening Day STier Gun 2018

phillifan22

8 to 10 here at home. More than a foot up on the hill, at the farm property. Still coming down. But should be ending soon. My partner says tracks all over the place. Deer are moving. We just hope they don't move down off the hill! When that happens we have no deer here.

If I am sure it won't rain on me I will be out tomorrow morning but with weather as it's looking (rain/snow), that reminds me of opening weekend in 2016 and ain't NOBODY got time for that.

So, I may wait till Sunday.

Going to probably buy a deer sled at lunch today.

I am in the southern portion of 8N.  The rails on my deck have 8-10" on them.  That is more than what we were supposed to get or at least more than I thought we were supposed to get.  It is heavy and wet too or there might be a lot more.  Be safe out there people.  

We got 12-14", way more than the National Weather Service map from yesterday forecasted... 

Where are you located? CNY into the Finger Lakes, the central-STier, and SE NY got more than any model was showing. Impossible to forecast unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, phillifan22 said:

Where are you located? CNY into the Finger Lakes, the central-STier, and SE NY got more than any model was showing. Impossible to forecast unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That explains it.... Northern Finger Lakes. Everyone said 4-8", but we got a solid 12-14".

• Like 1

8 w a foot or more  been on snow removal since 530 am. Finally finished 5 driveways. Thank god for kubota and snowblower. Going to make for a tough walk to tree stand in morning. Haven't heard how much is on the hill . Have to wonder about deer movement in this snow. Snow or no snow I will be in the tree tomorrow dark and early.

Edited by Nytracker