Ohio trip

Big Indian

After a few years of talking about it, my buddy and I decided to take a trip out of state.  At the advice of his brother in law, who went to the same place a few years ago, we went to Wolf Creek Outfitters in Killbuck, Ohio. We had a great time, and saw a lot of deer. Unfortunately, no shooters came within range, as the outfitter has a 125" minimum. It's fair chase and that's what we wanted. I saw bucks every day, along with a few does, but the buck to doe ratio is much higher than most of us see in NY.  The most unique thing I saw was an albino squirrel, who played under and around my stand for about an hour on Monday morning.

We did a semi-guided, which meant the outfitter showed us where to go, and pointed us to his stand locations, but if we wanted to hunt his other locations (and we did)  we had to scout, and set up our spots, fortunately we had climbers etc. 

All in all it was a great experience and we would do it again in the future, although we may do the full guided, which entitles you to hunt the "food plots" and use elevated box blinds etc, and of course pay more $$$$

I wish everyone good luck this opening weekend, but most importantly have a safe and enjoyable season !!

Edited by Big Indian
  • Like 2

After a few years of talking about it, my buddy and I decided to take a trip out of state.  At the advice of his brother in law, who went to the same place a few years ago, we went to Wolf Creek Outfitters in Killbuck, Ohio. We had a great time, and saw a lot of deer. Unfortunately, no shooters came within range, as the outfitter has a 125" minimum. It's fair chase and that's what we wanted. I saw bucks every day, along with a few does, but the buck to doe ratio is much higher than most of us see in NY.  The most unique thing I saw was an albino squirrel, who played under and around my stand for about an hour on Monday morning.
We did a semi-guided, which meant the outfitter showed us where to go, and pointed us to his stand locations, but if we wanted to hunt his other locations (and we did)  we had to scout, and set up our spots, fortunately we had climbers etc. 
All in all it was a great experience and we would do it again in the future, although we may do the full guided, which entitles you to hunt the "food plots" and use elevated box blinds etc, and of course pay more $$$$
I wish everyone good luck this opening weekend, but most importantly have a safe and enjoyable season !!

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk