Stan Lee, creator of legendary Marvel comic book superheroes, dies at 95

Hunter007

I don't think so TF. I just have a generally healthy respect for anyone who rises to the top level of their chosen career. Even if it involves writing silly comic books. Stan Lee did that, and I'll give him credit for it. Kudos my spidey friend.

I have friends my age (60-ish) with boxes of vacuum-sealed comics and baseball cards. Seems pretty foolish to me because I've always been a coin collector. To each his own, I guess.

That's a great vid.  Zip it Stan Lee!  Even so, his legacy goes far beyond the films clipped into that short.  His work is part of the collective consciousness of America.  He virtually defined the superhero.  For so many of us lost, outcast kids, he gave us hope.  Really.  

• Like 1

I don't think so TF. I just have a generally healthy respect for anyone who rises to the top level of their chosen career. Even if it involves writing silly comic books. Stan Lee did that, and I'll give him credit for it. Kudos my spidey friend.
I have friends my age (60-ish) with boxes of vacuum-sealed comics and baseball cards. Seems pretty foolish to me because I've always been a coin collector. To each his own, I guess.

“Silly comics” are like “silly sports”. They’re an escape and inspiration for millions.

You may even want to research their effect on culture during war times.

RIP Stan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Well, they also were the major contributor to juvenile delinquency, at least according to Dr. Frederick Wertham. I did the animation for the documentary, Comic Book Confidential, which explored the anti-comic movement and the creation of the industry censor board, the Comic Code Authority.

Here is a clip of Wertham and Bill Gaines, the publisher of EC Comics, best known for Tales of the Crypt.