Yes, I get these are lame, but....

DirtTime

2 hours ago, Bionic said:

I like to use the rifle my dad gave me.  He gave me a 25-05 Savage when I turned 16, have taken deer with it, plus my big buck.  He recently gave me a 30-30 Marlin a few years ago, that I want to get a nice buck with.  He has a Dan Wesson .44 handgun that he says he would LOVE for me to kill a buck with.  Might take that handgun out at some point then.  I do plan to use my crossbow as well.

30-30 is pictured.

20171119_090601.jpg

IMG_20181109_202347_223.jpg

Bionic...Good to see that you are "well armed"....Hehehe....SORRY, I just couldn't help myself...

• Like 2

20161029_151030.thumb.jpg.650a4f981c52511d19eb858ba1c2370e.jpg

9 hours ago, Bionic said:

I don't have any pics of it.  It's my dad's, and its always put away unfortunately.  It has an 11" barrel I think, has a nice dark wood grip, and has a small red dot scope, and ported barrel.

I have a dw44 with an 11", that thing is so big it's almost awkward but such a nice gun. I prefer my dw 357 with 8" barrel for hunting. Still looking for a dw 22 &41 mag. 

357 in pic.  Need to take one of 44

Edited by kpkot
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Going with the 12 gauge.  Thought about the muzzleloader for the gun season but gonna stick the 12 and take a couple days off in muzzleloader this year for some late season hunts. 

12 g Remington 1187 cantilever barrel and hornady 300 grain. No shots longer than 150 where I will be hunting and love a shotgun. Just seems right for the southern opener.

IMG_20181113_162857903.jpg

Our new lease we are on, a 75 yard shot is about all we can get it’s very thick. I have thought about putting the slug barrel back on my 870. I have killed a pile of deer with that gun..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Our new lease we are on, a 75 yard shot is about all we can get it’s very thick. I have thought about putting the slug barrel back on my 870. I have killed a pile of deer with that gun..

I can reach out 150 plus with this.  And i have never felt comfortable with any shots 200+ with anything.  So i really like the shotgun.  I am 2" high at 100 which puts me dead on at 150.  Farthest i have ever killed a deer was about 130 with any gun.  Im just not a long range guy even if i have the oppurtunity i generally try to get closer.  

10 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I can reach out 150 plus with this.  And i have never felt comfortable with any shots 200+ with anything.  So i really like the shotgun.  I am 2" high at 100 which puts me dead on at 150.  Farthest i have ever killed a deer was about 130 with any gun.  Im just not a long range guy even if i have the oppurtunity i generally try to get closer.  

I had my 870 sighted in a little high at 75 yards with a red dot , farthest I have killed a deer was around 80-90 yards with mine.it was a tack driver with Remington copper solids.  If I didn’t love hunting with my super  redhawk so much I would still use it. 

Edited by rob-c

1 hour ago, kpkot said:

I have a dw44 with an 11", that thing is so big it's almost awkward but such a nice gun. I prefer my dw 357 with 8" barrel for hunting. Still looking for a dw 22 &41 mag. 

I have a 6 inch blue DW .22 , sold my .44 SS ,8 inch heavy barrel DW several years ago .. I’ll add pics in a bit . Great guns . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kpkot said:

That looks just like it!

Nice to see all the DW's in here. I've got a DW 15-2 in 357 but have never hunted with it. My brother has the 15-2 power pack (the 2,4,6,8" barrel kit) and he has a scope that he wants to use for hunting but never has as far as I know.

No pics of it right now but I usually use my Parker-Hale (1200 model I think?) in .270 when I can hunt with a rifle, and a '72 Browning Auto-5 light 20 that my dad bought new.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pygmy said:

<<<<SIGH>>>>….Excuse me...I need to be by myself for a few minutes.....<<drool>>…...

It made it's way from moogs house to mine. He made it possible for me to get my 'dream rifle'. 

She's no safe queen either! Shot regularly, and carried every time I hunt during rifle season now.

My grandson will carry it when I no longer can.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

This was my dream rifle and I finally bit the bullet and bought it few years ago.

Browning BAR short trac in .308

20171125_073922.jpg.97de8c785f3d18ac830d98704c9eef24.jpg

Gorgeous. This has been my dream rifle for a bit, but I was wanting a synthetic stock. My brother has a BAR Safari II in 30-06, it shoots so well!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Good looking gun Larry. Is she shootign pretty well?

I’ll let you know Saturday!   Yes I dialed it in off my sand bags at just shy of 100 yards ( the length of my range ) 140 gr . I’m not a great rifle man, the gun is set if I am . Although I have very large farm fields I seldom had to shoot even 100 .

19 minutes ago, dan46n2 said:

Gorgeous. This has been my dream rifle for a bit, but I was wanting a synthetic stock. My brother has a BAR Safari II in 30-06, it shoots so well!

I actually had problems with my first one. It shot all over the place. After a year of fighting with Browning I got a replacement. The synthetic stock would be more practical but the wood was pretty I had to get it. Especially since they were the same price. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I’ll let you know Saturday!   Yes I dialed it in off my sand bags at just shy of 100 yards ( the length of my range ) 140 gr . I’m not a great rifle man, the gun is set if I am . Although I have very large farm fields I seldom had to shoot even 100 .

1 to 1.5" high at 100 should give you about point and click beyond 250 I would think. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

man that thing is nice... must have bought it from a real big sucker. lol

LOL.....thanks.

The name 'Big Chooch' has been tossed out there a few times by an esteemed member here.  :taunt:

I just call him friend.......

I actually had in my hands, the sister to my rifle, while visiting moog last year. The Sako Bavarian, in 308. 

My palms are all sweaty just thinking about it!!!!

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Yeah, Dubby, I was going to tell you that some unscrupulous  person sabotaged your rifle and put the bolt on the wrong side...

Hehehe...My ex -wife and daughter are both southpaws..I used to pick on them about being handicapped..

Oh, I'm actually a typical righty, but cross-wired as left eye dominant so I adapted to become a non-typical southpaw for rifle shootin.  

• Like 1