Yes, I get these are lame, but....

DirtTime

25 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I actually had problems with my first one. It shot all over the place. After a year of fighting with Browning I got a replacement. The synthetic stock would be more practical but the wood was pretty I had to get it. Especially since they were the same price. 

Good choice, Apex...Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun...

• Like 1

it depends on my mood and what i can confirm is sighted in before saturday. i've got my stainless walnut browning abolt ii stalker 30-06, winchester model 70 300 win mag, or the rem 742 semi-auto 30-06 that i got from my grandfather. right now my brother's using my dad's 30-30 that we've all used to take our first deer with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

it depends on my mood and what i can confirm is sighted in before saturday. i've got my stainless walnut browning abolt ii stalker 30-06, winchester model 70 300 win mag, or the rem 742 semi-auto 30-06 that i got from my grandfather. right now my brother's using my dad's 30-30 that we've all used to take our first deer with.

Not one bad choice among that lot!!!  Nice!

I'm too ignorant to post pictures and I don't own a smart phone, but  opening day I'll have my Rem 700 Mountain rifle ( blued/walnut)  in the blind with me … It's a 7MM08 and  I shoot my own handloads with 120 Barnes TSX bullets.. Wears a 2x7 Burris.. After that, I may swap off with my Win M70 lightweight in .280 Rem ( fixed 6X Leupold)...

I have also been known to take my M1 Garand to the blind to use on closer shots better suited to its issue sights, back up by one of my scoped rifles for longer shots..

• Like 2

still on the hunt for a spalted hardwood tree on the farm. i'll have it stabilized and made into a gun stock by some place like Altamont Co.  Probably put it on a Remington Model 7600 with a short Hart custom barrel. that'd be a safe queen by wouldn't leave my side otherwise if i could help it. would have to get trigger work done. they were horrid.

15 minutes ago, helmut in the bush said:

How does she like it? My wife's is pretty nice, it shoots good, I think after 5 shots, we were hitting a 6" plate at 400 yards

She loves it, we got it sighted it in at 100 yards and on the shoot n see target they have a nickel sized white circle in the bulls eye. She put 5 shots all in that circle, granted it was bench rest shot but man it gave her a bunch of confidence.

I had her shooting a 30-30 before this one and she liked it, but it was heavy for her so it went to my son. I did a ton of research on guns for woman and glad we went with the Weatherby.. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

Nothing fancy - Ruger American in 7mm-08. Nikon 2-7x scope. Shooting 140gr Federal Nosler Ballistic Tips. Shot this 3 shot group at 50 yards off shooting bag last weekend. I'm happy with it. Now can't wait to see what it will do on a deer.6c1803e896e667e19eb7b01da704e2eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Been debating on what to take since dad will have my rifle.  Was planning on the mossberg 500 but since we are sitting together figured maybe my cva wolf with fiberoptic sights.  Tend to have good luck with my new guns. And im shooting 2.5 inch groups out to 75 yrds. I guess we will see what i get together and ready friday night.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I'm too ignorant to post pictures and I don't own a smart phone, but  opening day I'll have my Rem 700 Mountain rifle ( blued/walnut)  in the blind with me … It's a 7MM08 and  I shoot my own handloads with 120 Barnes TSX bullets.. Wears a 2x7 Burris.. After that, I may swap off with my Win M70 lightweight in .280 Rem ( fixed 6X Leupold)...

I have also been known to take my M1 Garand to the blind to use on closer shots better suited to its issue sights, back up by one of my scoped rifles for longer shots..

I have a 700 SPS in 7mm08 it is such an accurate rifle out of the box. I remember shooting 2 inch groups at 100 yards the day I bought it without even adjusting my glass! So impressive.

I love the versatility of the 7mm08, can handle any game on the north American continent short of brown bear. Almost zero noticeable recoil, flat shooting out to 300, little muzzle blast. Me likey!

• Like 1

I will go with my Marlin 512 bolt action shotgun with 4X Bushnell banner scope.  I have taken plenty of antlerless deer of both sexes with that one but it is long over due to get one with antlers.   If one with more than three points on a side offers me a shot on Saturday or Sunday, it might finally happen.    The farthest I ever killed a doe with it was 163 yards.  The weather conditions on Saturday, with light winds and a backdrop of snow, look good for a long shot in the open hardwoods.   If the big-antlered buck I messed up on with my crossbow last Sunday morning takes a similar walk  this Saturday, it should be his last.     

Image result for Marlin M512

• Like 1

I think I'm taking my Browning A BOLT in 25WSSM. My absolute favorite rifle and I've been rotating opening weekend guns out the last few years so it's time I take the old girl back out. Last year I took my 700CDL and popped her cherry on a buck 10 minutes after light.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1