Yes, I get these are lame, but....

DirtTime

And I almost forgot, my Ruger Redhawk 44 mag, I've yet to take a handgun deer so I'd love to do that too. Shot it the other day, I went back to open sights, I didn't like the scope much, so I'm keeping shots in bow range where I'm confident!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, chrisw said:

And I almost forgot, my Ruger Redhawk 44 mag, I've yet to take a handgun deer so I'd love to do that too. Shot it the other day, I went back to open sights, I didn't like the scope much, so I'm keeping shots in bow range where I'm confident!

Look into a red dot for the ruger... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisw said:

That's what I took off of it, I feel like I'm just as accurate with open sights at 40yds and under and it took away some field of view. Just wasn't for me I guess.

I have 2x Leupold on my sbhh . I don't notice loss of field of view . I think alot of peope dont "sholder the gun properly" for a lack of a better term . Gun comes up to the eye, not eye  to the gun or scope or red dot.  My 480 super redhawk wears a ultradot red dot and it's the same way. I didn't think I would like it but it seems very natural .

Edited by Nytracker

52 minutes ago, Dom said:

I will be using my Super single in M66 20 guage My area is shotgun only for deer.

They were good little guns, Dom and only sold for about fifty bucks new....Like the M37 Deerslayers, they were probably the most accurate of the smoothbores, in the days before rifled shotgun barrels became  readily available...

Ruger M77 Hawkeye All Weather Ultralite in .243 Winchester. Loaded it with Federal 85gr Power Shok Copper. Topped with a Burris Fullfield E1 3-9x40. Sweet Rifle. Has to be at or under 8lbs. 20in barrel. The 85gr Power Shok only makes 2820fps, but I’m going to start loading for it this spring. 80gr TTSX and 85gr TSX. 

8DE50FBA-6DDC-401B-9DF4-A1DA7E087F0D.jpeg

Edited by pitweiler
  • Like 2

On 11/15/2018 at 6:07 PM, wolc123 said:

I will go with my Marlin 512 bolt action shotgun with 4X Bushnell banner scope.  I have taken plenty of antlerless deer of both sexes with that one but it is long over due to get one with antlers.   If one with more than three points on a side offers me a shot on Saturday or Sunday, it might finally happen.    The farthest I ever killed a doe with it was 163 yards.  The weather conditions on Saturday, with light winds and a backdrop of snow, look good for a long shot in the open hardwoods.   If the big-antlered buck I messed up on with my crossbow last Sunday morning takes a similar walk  this Saturday, it should be his last.     

Image result for Marlin M512

Finally got that "antlerless only" monkey off the back with this gun.  It all worked out just like an "A-team" plan.  He took that last walk on Saturday morning (after I passed three small antlerless ones).

deer6ptTreeHang.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Chromeslayer said:

45cal custom smokeless muzzleloader.. sends a 275g bullet at 3050fps

20181119_151328.jpg

8 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Holy smokeless.   That will do some damage.  

even if he misses the deer will get a severe concussion followed by internal hemorrhage as the 275grains passes by. haha

• Like 1