Official Hunting Black Friday Thread

On 11/18/2018 at 9:21 PM, Jeremy K said:

I need a bunch of ladder stands ,let me know if you guys see a deal anywhere.

i have three in my cart at walmart, sportsmans warehouse and cabelas for cyber monday .  Usually they offer a deal for them if you have them in cart.  I got 3 one year from walmart for $46 each.  17ft ameristep ladderstands with rail.  Whichever one is cheapest i will get

Edited by Robhuntandfish

36 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i have three in my cart at walmart, sportsmans warehouse and cabelas for cyber monday .  Usually they offer a deal for them if you have them in cart.  I got 3 one year from walmart for $46 each.  17ft ameristep ladderstands with rail.  Whichever one is cheapest i will get

I found a couple ,the style I want is hard to find . I want a seat that folds up and a full size platform. I can't stand the fixed seat and the little platform. Seems most ladder stands are made for gun hunters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I found a couple ,the style I want is hard to find . I want a seat that folds up and a full size platform. I can't stand the fixed seat and the little platform. Seems most ladder stands are made for gun hunters.

I bought a ladder stand at Dicks ( sorry everyone) in September for $70 IIRC that has full platform and seat folds up. 17’. I’ve spent a zillion hours in it so far. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Belo said:

i honestly recommend one with a bag cutter attached, but at $53 this is a great starter and even a backup vs ~$120 sale price of one with a bag cutter. 

that says manual.  does this mean I would have to operate a pump to remove the air or am I missing something?

nevermind - link opened now.  it didn't open at first.

Edited by f3cbboy
my bad

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

if you put them in your cart online but dont buy them til monday you will prob get offered a discount

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Or if your a big fat basta** like me. I too hate half a platform, no room to move or stand up to stretch

4 hours ago, Belo said:

i honestly recommend one with a bag cutter attached, but at $53 this is a great starter and even a backup vs ~$120 sale price of one with a bag cutter. 

Never used one. I don't have a lot to vacuum seal, just basically some venison and then I wouldn't mind vacuum sealing some of the stuff I keep in my end-of-world-stash. I could cut this with scissors, right, then I guess it must heat seal one end to make a bag, then you throw food in, hit vacuum seal, it does the rest...?