Cigarette smokers

Dom

44 minutes ago, Dom said:

I would like to know why they feel the need to use the forest floors as their ashtrays

Probably for the same reason they leave their bottles, candy wrappers, sandwich bags, soda cans, etc. all over the woods and next to the road where they park.  I usually pick up enough to fill at least one bag during gun season. :crazy:

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Probably for the same reason they leave their bottles, candy wrappers, sandwich bags, soda cans, etc. all over the woods and next to the road where they park.  I usually pick up enough to fill at least one bag during gun season. :crazy:

No respect or just plain ignorance I guess.Like wise I do alot of trash pick up yearly 

Years ago when I used to smoke, I will confess that I never was concerned about kicking the leaves aside and grinding my butts into the dirt. The fact is that I never found one of them remaining at any of my stands during subsequent years, so I have no idea where they disappeared to, but they did. I can't say that I have found it any problem worth mentioning since then either from other smokers. I know that smokers are a prime target these days for any kind of criticism, but I do try to remember that I was a smoker at one time, and I do remember just how aggravating and self-righteous reformed smokers can be. If I'm going to whine about something, I try to limit it to something that really is significant. How about those mylar party balloons that people mindlessly turn loose every year by the thousands and think are so wonderful. Bottles, cans and plastic sandwich bags and wrappers are cases of real litter that deserve comment. So as long as smokers aren't burning down the woods, I think I'll give them a bit of slack. They get enough crap from other whiners about how they are considered to be evil people that I think I will give them a bit of a break if they should happen to put a butt out on the ground. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I’m sorry are you saying that only smokers only leave wrappers in the woods. That’s pretty poorly worded. Smokers take a bad enough beating - pretty sure they shouldn’t be blamed for all garbage everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I’m sorry are you saying that only smokers only leave wrappers in the woods. That’s pretty poorly worded. Smokers take a bad enough beating - pretty sure they shouldn’t be blamed for all garbage everywhere.

Smokers speed on the highways more than non-smokers.  

.....heard it from John Tesh

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I do remember just how aggravating and self-righteous reformed smokers can be

I'm extremely self-righteous about smoking and never was a smoker ;) Price per pack should have been raised to $50 per years ago, just purge this crap from society already.

I'm extremely self-righteous about smoking and never was a smoker  Price per pack should have been raised to $50 per years ago, just purge this crap from society already.

And I don’t like people eating all that salad(Sorry Bionic!) so I will tell you (cuz I know better and my likes, desires, wants are more important than yours!) to pay 10x as much for salad. And you don’t need all those guns or all that money you made or all that sugar or.....what else do you want Hilary and Andrew to tell you how to live???

FYI- I don’t smoke .. I may fall into a smoke after swimming in some whiskey every now and then but that’s about it

• Like 1

It's my choice!!! I'm a smoker. I too, have picked up trash on public land, many, many times. I don't litter, or drink alcohol in the woods. There are many parks and outdoor places where it is illegal to light up now. Yeah....fine....whatever. I still pick up trash there too.

I quit for almost 10 years and after a surgery, (non smoking related) started up again, while playing music with a group of smokers. My choice! No one twisted my arm. Cancer, (again non smoking related), will probably take me out, long before the cigs do. I enjoy a smoke here and there, during the day, or while doing work or chores, outside at home, or the farm. 

As for smoking while hunting, I have killed a bunch of deer, including some very nice bucks, after putting down a smoke. And it's a good wind indicator too. Has it cost me a shot at a deer I did not see? I'm sure it has. But most ALL hunters are busted by deer they never saw! I always push a stick in the ground in my blinds to drop the butts in. Though I do tend to smoke very little while actually hunting. Mostly to keep movement to a minimum, not for the smoke itself.

I don't smoke in our home. I do not smoke around my kids or grandkids. I do not smoke at work. Will not smoke in close quarters with my non smoker friends either. I average about a half pack a day. And I truly respect the fact, that most people don't want to be exposed to my second hand smoke. I get it!

But it's not illegal. It is MY choice. Just leave me alone. I promise, I won't infect you.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, crappyice said:

And I don’t like people eating all that salad(Sorry Bionic!) so I will tell you (cuz I know better and my likes, desires, wants are more important than yours!) to pay 10x as much for salad. And you don’t need all those guns or all that money you made or all that sugar or.....what else do you want Hilary and Andrew to tell you how to live???

FYI- I don’t smoke .. I may fall into a smoke after swimming in some whiskey every now and then but that’s about it

Don't get me started on state-run lottos. ;)

5 hours ago, crappyice said:

I’m sorry are you saying that only smokers only leave wrappers in the woods.

It wasn't intended to be for "only smokers":angry:. It was meant for EVERYONE that leaves their crap in the woods. And sorry if I ruffled your feathers. I never realized you were so sensitive. I hope I worded this properly.