wet area

I have a little area 50'x100' that gets good sun,but it also gets wet from the runoff when it rains and take a little longer to dry.The food plot I grew this year is on the other side of the creek and dries fast,it came in good.Is there anything I can grow in this area that likes a little more water?

We have 30 acres of creek flat flood plain. Floods in the winter. spring and sometimes the fall, like last year.  Heavy clay poorly drained soils with a lot of surface drainage needed. Surface drainage is the key to grow anything on it. We grow Red Clover, Birdsfoot Trefoil, Harry Vetch, Buckwheat Timothy, Red Top, Bluegrass and other weeds. Hay forage land to us. Frost seed the legumes in the early spring in previous fall wheat planting, grasses in early fall after wheat is planted.  Legumes need a season to get growing good.

Needs to be cut a few times in the late spring early summer, after it gets growing good.. 

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1