Patching LaCrosse boots question

RangerClay

I used a product called shoe goo before. I got it from Wall-Mart if i remember right. You put it on in thin layers and its bendable when its fully dried so its perfect for the toe and heal areas. I've had it on a pair of boots for about 2 years now and I never had to redo the repair. 

• Like 3

I bought a kit to repair my waders.  it came with a couple of patches for the neoprene part and a tube of goop for the rubber parts.  I had a couple of tears in the rubber parts and the goop worked well.  the kit cost about $7 on amazon.

https://www.gearaid.com/products/aquaseal-repair-kit

Edited by virgil

In my experience a patch material made for "rubber" won't work very well on "neoprene", and vice versa. They're just different materials and require different types of patches. Most of my old rubber boots are covered with tire patches and are still going strong.

Shoo Goo, however, is entirely capable of keeping your dog from crapping on the floor, although I wouldn't recommend it for that use for obvious reasons. It's tough stuff, it's flexible, and it sticks to everything I've ever put it on. It was a toolbox standard for radio-controlled combat games where various plastics, aluminum, and balsa wood had to be held together for one more round. I'll just say the "games" were not airplane friendly. The point was to cut the streamer of the opponent's plane, but sometimes the opponent's plane would get in the way...

Shoo Goo also works really well for gluing soles back onto shoes, which was it's original purpose.

• Like 1

I had to do it. R/C combat. AKA plane-wrecking just for shiz-n-giggles:

We had more fun with this stuff competing with other local clubs than any other aspect of the hobby I remember. No hard feelings, for the most part, just lots of laughs and hotdogs at lunchtime. If your feelings are going to be hurt, keep your plane on the ground. End of story. If you think you can compete, then do it, and bring a couple tubes of Shoo Goo for repairs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, philoshop said:

I had to do it. R/C combat. AKA plane-wrecking just for shiz-n-giggles:

We had more fun with this stuff competing with other local clubs than any other aspect of the hobby I remember. No hard feelings, for the most part, just lots of laughs and hotdogs at lunchtime. If your feelings are going to be hurt, keep your plane on the ground. End of story. If you think you can compete, then do it, and bring a couple tubes of Shoo Goo for repairs.

The kids now are into drone racing with 1st person video. Looks fun as hell. I have a drone and some RC stuff but these days hunting and other hobbies kill my time.

I need to retire now, while I still have half my life left (I hope). if only I didn't need to work :)

10 minutes ago, Core said:

The kids now are into drone racing with 1st person video. Looks fun as hell. I have a drone and some RC stuff but these days hunting and other hobbies kill my time.

I need to retire now, while I still have half my life left (I hope). if only I didn't need to work :)

It's all a matter of "picking your battles". I have a friend who's a couple of years older than I am, in his early-sixties, who's totally into the drone racing thing. He travels to compete in it. Apparently his eyes and his reflexes are good enough to keep his corporate sponsors. More power to him, and I wish him all the best. I'm just happy when I wake up in the morning.

• Like 1