So what did you forget to bring?

goosifer

Every year on opening day it seems like I forget to bring something. One year it was the keys to the Kubota UTV. Another year it was my distance prescription glasses. Then there was forgetting the safety strap that goes around the tree. So I thought I would get a head start and start this thread tonight. I am sure I will forget to bring something. Oh, and Biz, you are only allowed one submission to this thread, as you shouldn't have forgotten anything with the load you had!

• Like 1

One thing I am glad that I did not forget was an odd-ball mix-matched slug in case a "finishing-shot" was needed.   I used it yesterday. I was thankful that I did not need to waste one of those $ 3 sabots to do the job (it was a shotgun only zone), or risk injury by doing it with a knife.

The thing I did forget was a short haul rope.  I destroyed the straps on my "muff", trying to use it to pull a very heavy buck out of a swamp by myself.   I had to call in reinforcements (father and brother) to get that job done.   My sister-in-law drew my name in our Christmas "gift-exchange", so at least she knows what to get me.   I put the torn up one back together with knots and a machine screw nut and washer, just to make it thru the remainder of deer season.  The zipper on the inner compartment had failed earlier, so there is no saving it now.  A new one would be great for ice-fishing. 

I forgot to bring a gallon zip lock bag that would not leak in my 4runner. weather tech floor mats only work if it drips on it. yup blood on the carpet. thanks to my honey it should all be cleaned up now.it leaked out of the bag through my backpack . just my luck.

My dad, and I both, forgot to bring deer back with us

I did forget to bring my full face insulated mask.  My dad forgot his thermos 30 miles away at his house.  I had an extra for him.  I also had a balaclava in my pack, and a winter hat.  All was fine 

Edited by Bionic

Over the years, too much to mention! Probably the most missed item was my hat!

Only Saturday though, I kneeled down to gut a deer, to find that my knife wasn't in my pocket in its usual spot. I had bad vibes when I realized the zipper on the pocket was open....

Luckily it was only ten minutes to the cabin for my spare and back, and even better my missing knife was on the floor.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, Hock3y24 said:

My dads brain, he brought Sabot slugs with a smooth bore. Luckily he has been corrected for this evening.

? Why is that a problem? my Remington 87o Winchester slug gun and Ithaca Deer slayer love Winchester Sabots, and shoot them best.