Antler restriction

Fredbear2

Ny really need to put antler restrictions into place . Hate seeing young bucks being killed that you pass on and other people kill opening day of gun . Ny bucks are not ever going to have record potential with this crap going on . Ny put it into place so future generations hunters can have great ny state bucks. 

Ny really need to put antler restrictions into place . Hate seeing young bucks being killed that you pass on and other people kill opening day of gun . Ny bucks are not ever going to have record potential with this crap going on . Ny put it into place so future generations hunters can have great ny state bucks. 

I guess it depends on whether you measure success by inches or experiences.
  • Like 6

Antlers are no longer a big concern for most NY hunters.  Meat is where it is at these days.   The poll on this site  a while ago proved that.  You are a day late and a dollar short with your antler restriction request.  Best move on, maybe to another state.  If you don't like it leave it Fred.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 3

Not important,  Hunt for food over a rack 

Just to let you know 

alot of those  big racks you see on tv are comming from places where you have  less then   1 hunter per square mile or high  fence ,  HERE YOU WANT A challenge fred bear  go shoot any deer on state land post a picture in front of  the state land sign  and you will get just as much respect that way from alot of other hunters who know the difficulties of hunting heavily hunted public land in this state ..

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 2

Man was just having enough of spikes to 3 points to 1.5 year old buck being killed . Want my kids to have good hunting here in ny and future hunters to be able  to shoot at least decent 2.5 to 3 year old buck. Wolc123 watch what you say my friend! 

Edited by Fredbear2

3 hours ago, Fredbear2 said:

Man was just having enough of spikes to 3 points to 1.5 year old buck being killed . Want my kids to have good hunting here in ny and future hunters to be able  to shoot at least decent 2.5 to 3 year old buck. Wolc123 watch what you say my friend! 

Take a look at the deer harvest thread the big ones are out there . :)

I know they are out there . I own my own land and also pass on the spikes to 1.5 year olds baby’s . Was just saying I was sick to see the deer I pass on get killed to fill the freezer! Shoot does then. I’m done with this discussion. I’m not getting anywhere with these..............

Edited by Fredbear2

I know they are out there . I own my own land and also pass on the spikes to 1.5 year olds baby’s . Was just saying I was sick to see the deer I pass on get killed to fill the freezer! Shoot does then. I’m done with this discussion. I’m not getting anywhere with these..............

I love how folks say to just shoot does when a big chunk of the state has limited or no doe permits.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Fredbear2 said:

If your hunting on private land how do you know these spikes are getting shot ? Like the idea of 

Self imposed AR as a good idea but forced I just dont like that idea at all ,  And its not really necessarily the big ones are out there .

5 hours ago, Fredbear2 said:

If you think that makes you successful you have no clue what Hunting means and I think your kids need another mentor

Edited by Savagehunter
  • Like 3

I love those who want all others to pass spikes and 4 pts so they can target those monster 2.5's - or the nearly 60% of the 1.5's in much of central and western NY that are 6 pts or better. You are not looking for mature bucks - just ones that are a little bit bigger.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I love how folks say to just shoot does when a big chunk of the state has limited or no doe permits.

Logic has no bearing in a discussion for the best way to fill the woods with 2.5 bucks. Like targeting the best of the 1.5's that have 6 points +

4 minutes ago, Fredbear2 said:

I see neighbors that don’t bow hunt come out gun season and kill the spikes ,3,4 ,pointer’s .1.5 year olds that’s what I see .

Dont know  what to tell you  if its  that important to you consider buying  better land some place else .

I mean if hunting big bucks was easy you would not have whole industry and people paying thousands of dollars to do it  .

It is what it is 

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

For myself doe is game.If we only harvest or shot does for only 1 season and no Bucks this would hurt the antlers/bucks to be.

19 minutes ago, Fredbear2 said:

I see neighbors that don’t bow hunt come out gun season and kill the spikes ,3,4 ,pointer’s .1.5 year olds that’s what I see .

This is seen in every hunting state.Some hunters only have the first weekend for gun hunting and they will hopefully take the deer they have taggs to do so.To older hunters/more exp can and do choose what they shoot.I am not against a new hunter shooting a deer of thier  choice.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fredbear2 said:

Has nothing to do with success thanks. I fill my tags on Mature deer . Shoot what you want it’s your tag

What do you consider mature? 2.5?

Then you state " shoot what you want it's your tag", but that's exactly what you're complaining about.  

• Like 1