State land challenge let's see some pictures

Hunter007

Like to see a pictures  of a deer taken on state land 

Rules take a picture of a deer  In front of one of these signs  , Any NY  state land sign .

Biggest doe or buck  wins :)

you can cut out the name of the  state land sign if you want. 

2 point deduction :)

if we get a tie 

images-66.jpg

download-17.jpg

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steve D said:

You hav9e to drag the deer to a sign???:no:

Not necessarily Could be on top of a vehicle with the sign in the background 

Could also be in front of those those new york state trail markers 

Or Just any sign / land mark that shows you are  on public land  . 

download-18.jpg

• Like 1

Jeesh, I like the concept, but I have tough enough time hauling em out, then loading on the atv/ into the truck, usually in the dark (side note....most of mine are shot in the late afternoon, dark by the time I am out).

Maybe...cut just a bit of slack and take a boy scouts honor it was shot on state /public land, and the forest? 

I guess on that note, my best bucks off state land are all on old 35 mm pics, not digital. 

How did the ADK trip work out Storm914?

I'm not even on board with the theory of this one. There are state and public lands that don't have a kiosk or even a sign at all the parking areas. Hell, a few places I know don't even have a parking area! Not all the trails are marked on every peice of state land either, only those hit hard by hikers-dog walkers-nordic skiers.............

I'm not dragging a deer out of the woods, loading in the back of a vehicle, then driving to a place that has a sign to show where I shot it.

8 hours ago, Daveboone said:

Jeesh, I like the concept, but I have tough enough time hauling em out, then loading on the atv/ into the truck, usually in the dark (side note....most of mine are shot in the late afternoon, dark by the time I am out).

Maybe...cut just a bit of slack and take a boy scouts honor it was shot on state /public land, and the forest? 

I guess on that note, my best bucks off state land are all on old 35 mm pics, not digital. 

How did the ADK trip work out Storm914?

We can do that I guess but you get more points  if its in front of some type of state land  sign or land mark on state land .

Was Good time in the  adks. :)  wish I could have stayed up there longer .

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rob... said:

I'm not even on board with the theory of this one. There are state and public lands that don't have a kiosk or even a sign at all the parking areas. Hell, a few places I know don't even have a parking area! Not all the trails are marked on every peice of state land either, only those hit hard by hikers-dog walkers-nordic skiers.............

I'm not dragging a deer out of the woods, loading in the back of a vehicle, then driving to a place that has a sign to show where I shot it.

Ok we can do it by the honor system but you get more points if its  in front of a state land sign  trail marker or land mark. 

Fair enough for you rob 

5 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

So where is our long awaited trip report? Ya had half of us included in on the planning, you be owin'! :meeting:

I wrote about it you most of missed the thread was there only a day and half . Good time not enough time though .

20181021_114102.jpg

20181021_122251.jpg

Edited by Storm914