Gloves

The_Real_TCIII

Atlas Fit. http://www.wesspur.com/safety/climbing-gloves.html

Go to a site that specializes in tree-cutting/arborist gear. Carry several pair for when they get wet. It's not rocket science. They have the blue rubber finger coatings which every cheap company now copies very poorly. They're are a little too hot in the summer and not quite warm enough in the winter unless you get the heavily insulated version. Tough as can be and flexible enough to open up a beer can with when the time comes. What else do you want? I think they're about $2.50 a pair until you buy the big box.

I swear by a combination of a muff handwarmer and cheap gloves with fingertips cut off.  The past two years I have used the insulated version of brown jersey gloves.  In the past I used thin wool gloves.  I think I get a better feel on the trigger with the fingertips cut off and it allows me to operate a zippers, turn the page of a book, or text.

I usually wear just very thin ones and use a muff. I did pick up a little thicker pair this year and was highly impressed by these so far. I do not like heavy gloves. Pretty cheap too.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas-stretch-fleece-gloves-for-men?searchTerm=Cabela%27s+Stretch+Fleece+Gloves+for+Men

Edited by Fletch

Clam Ice Gear makes a thin, knit glove that works pretty well. I can't remember what model they are, but you will be able to tell when you see them. They are waterproof to an extent, reasonably warm, you can still get heat from handwarmers if needed, and you can shoot with them on. I remember they were pretty pricey, but I am glad I bought them.

19 minutes ago, coonhunter said:

Clam Ice Gear makes a thin, knit glove that works pretty well. I can't remember what model they are, but you will be able to tell when you see them. They are waterproof to an extent, reasonably warm, you can still get heat from handwarmers if needed, and you can shoot with them on. I remember they were pretty pricey, but I am glad I bought them.

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/icearmor/hand/gloves/dry-skinz-gloves.html

These look like they might be the ticket

The real t chill, they are the exact ones. I am 5'6" and the small fit me perfect, nice and tight, but big enough if that helps at all for a size guess. The weather I don't think will make them soak through. I have pulled fish from the hole and not had them soak through. I like them because you can still use your hands without a bunch of bulkiness, and if your hands start to get cold, just put them in your pocket or muff with the handwarmers.

• Like 1