Confrontation with another Hunter

Northcountryman

I no longer hunt public land during gun season for all the reasons mentioned above.  Add to that the large deer drives with somewhat drunk hunters telling us we had to move because they would be driving the woods with 20 guys.  But, I lived in Central Pa for 6 years and hunted the Game Lands.  Trust me, that is a whole different level of scary!  

I agree 100 percent with DOC. In NY, I have a good 10 hotspots at Stewart State Forest. Another 8 or so at Sterling Forest. And one spot on open unposted land.   I don't have the money to own or lease my own private land and can't get a (yes) to hunt-- so Public Land is it for me along with an army of others.   I just get in 1 mile and sometimes hang up an orange hat somewhere behind me if, I am close to a May Roost
.  Still-- with all that, I might have company. And leaving a Gobbling Tom is something that few guys will do-- even if they arrive 2nd. If the hunter won't leave after, I shine my flashlight back at Jim--- I yell out HUNTER. This alerts the Gobbler . I soon leave the area and make a racket doing so and find another bird.

What does “open unposted land” mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I heard stories of land like this from some of the old timers in our party- pull off on the side of route 17 and just start hunting rabbits, birds, etc. I am just surprised land opportunities still exist like that today.

I am also surprised that the local municipalities didn’t slap some town ordinance banning hunting or claiming it a “safe space” for hikers and the like.

6 hours ago, crappyice said:

Wow. I heard stories of land like this from some of the old timers in our party- pull off on the side of route 17 and just start hunting rabbits, birds, etc. I am just surprised land opportunities still exist like that today.

I am also surprised that the local municipalities didn’t slap some town ordinance banning hunting or claiming it a “safe space” for hikers and the like.

It's the southern tier people like to hunt if it was around a liberal city it would be banned 

27 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Sterling is about 45 minutes from my house and about the same to the city- I assume the other properties is close to that range.

I forgot exactly where this place was now someplace in 3j  I friend took me there one time  to hunt Turkey about 20 years ago 

Was just abandoned land i think that everyone around new about that people hunted .

Place was a mess  lots of trash   junk where everyone parked  I remember .  Then I have been to others that are kepted natural no trash junk around .

• Like 1