Huge Thanks to Reeltime!

moog5050

Such a nice guy to drive an hour to help me out with the stuck ATV.   Way above and beyond what anyone can ask.   And he really didn’t know me that well. Thanks my friend.    Hope I can repay the favor.   And enjoyed the conversation.   Hope we get a chance to catch up under better circumstances .

Long story short, we picked up front end and pushed it over on to fresh reeds.   Enough for me to drive out from there.   

Always amazed at the quality of the people  I meet on this forum.  

• Like 25

17 minutes ago, helmut in the bush said:

That's cool Reeltime, so let's hear you got this thing stuck, pics?

No pics.   Mucky marsh and I made the big mistake of riding the same rut out that I created going in to get a deer.  Stay on the fresh cattails when it’s really wet like now and I would have been ok.  Buried 1/2 pretty deep.  

• Like 1

Friday I had stuck vehicles including; my Tacoma, a Silverado, all wheel drive Toyota mini van and my boat. All were freed easy enough with an M tractor and some snatch-um straps.  Except the boat, it’s going to have to stay where it is till a hard freeze. 

I love stick stuff extraction except when it’s mine!

• Like 1

Friday I had stuck vehicles including; my Tacoma, a Silverado, all wheel drive Toyota mini van and my boat. All were freed easy enough with an M tractor and some snatch-um straps.  Except the boat, it’s going to have to stay where it is till a hard freeze. 

I love stick stuff extraction except when it’s mine!

You mentioned the stuck boat in another post.....I have to ask what were you doing moving a boat in this crap the day before opening weekend of gun season?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

You mentioned the stuck boat in another post.....I have to ask what were you doing moving a boat in this crap the day before opening weekend of gun season?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I took it to my buddies place the weekend before.  We didn't put it in his barn for the winter because he had some other things to jockey around before my boat goes in.  The plan was to do it on Friday but with the coming snow he put it in the east end of the barn but it couldn't stay there all winter, it had to go in the west end.  Well I thought maybe I could swing it around to the west end door but the snow proved too much.  I got the truck & trailer stuck, mostly because the ground was so soft. 

I got late word today that it is out of the field and up in front of the east end door again. :)

Maybe at some point this week/weekend after the super cold temps I can haul it in the other end and put 'er to bed.  Pain in the azz............

• Like 1

My pleasure Brian. My only regret was I didn't get to use any of my truckload of toys. Lol just kidding. Always best to be able to drive it out as its less likely to cause damage.
I ain't gonna lie that machine is HEAVY. Lol. It did walk right out once you got up on fresh ground which was a good thing.
Thanks for the conversation as well, it's been a rough week for sure. I did get my pa buck butchered and ended up with 78 lbs of deboned meat, cooked up a back strap steak that was just melt in your mouth delicious.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Such a nice guy to drive an hour to help me out with the stuck ATV.   Way above and beyond what anyone can ask.   And he really didn’t know me that well. Thanks my friend.    Hope I can repay the favor.   And enjoyed the conversation.   Hope we get a chance to catch up under better circumstances .

Long story short, we picked up front end and pushed it over on to fresh reeds.   Enough for me to drive out from there.   

Always amazed at the quality of the people  I meet on this forum.  

3 minutes ago, reeltime said:

My pleasure Brian. My only regret was I didn't get to use any of my truckload of toys. Lol just kidding. Always best to be able to drive it out as its less likely to cause damage.
I ain't gonna lie that machine is HEAVY. Lol. It did walk right out once you got up on fresh ground which was a good thing.
Thanks for the conversation as well, it's been a rough week for sure. I did get my pa buck butchered and ended up with 78 lbs of deboned meat, cooked up a back strap steak that was just melt in your mouth delicious.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

What a great story. Glad you guys got her out! 

My hat is off to you reeltime. What you did says a lot about you.

• Like 1