Getting to the Field can be HARD!

pitweiler

On 11/21/2018 at 10:51 AM, pitweiler said:

I hope your kids’ health improve. Do they go to daycare? Any chance someone could be sending their sick kids instead of keeping them home? We dealt with than until we switched to an in home daycare provider. 

They are not, My grandmother in law watches them, but my daughter just started Pre K this year. That doesnt help. lol .For my daughter its asthma induced, and not recovering 100% from pneumonia 2 years ago. We just switched all of her drs so hopefully they can care for her a little better. Today she goes to see a New ENT Dr and pulmonolgist later in the week.. But shes been doing good since we switched. 

And my son just went in to Urgent care yesterday for a double ear infection. He needs Tubes again and the dr keeps putitng it off for some reason, He gets ear infections like crazy and his ear drums are scarred pretty bad form them. Cant win with these little ones. 

Everyone’s drive to hunt is different, some are ok with being casual hunters others go crazy if they miss a sit.

I am a selfish Ahole, and I have a very bad all or nothing attitude. I chose my career and many other life decisions based on my 2 favorite hobbies hunting and fishing. Thank god for my mother that is retired and lives next door to help with my daughter, thankfully moms very accustomed to hunting season antics from my old man.

I’ve been on vacation since oct 1 and don’t go back until the 18th of December. Hunted all but 4 days this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 11/20/2018 at 4:43 PM, pitweiler said:

I'm married, three kids under 5, wife is pregnant- due in January, and we both have demanding full time jobs. My wife is also going to school full time. Makes getting into the field difficult for me. Lots of demands and responsibility. It can get frustrating. Anyone else trying to work around the same kind of stuff? How do you do it?

I got very lucky and landed a spot five minutes from home so I can hunt a bit before work, after work, etc. Then I lay out a couple weekends with my wife to be gone down to Chautauqua county. Your kids are going to be in HS in a flash and then off to college etc. Dont miss a thing they do! Mine are 14 and I cant believe it. I figure in just a few years I'll have all the time to hunt/fish

• Like 1

I think the biggest thing that makes it hard for me is land access. I only hunt public land and with varying amounts of pressure, by the time the first weekend of gun is over its somewhat useless information. If I can find a way to get a lease of good land I’ll probably be able to get out more frequently.