Gun ideas

Chef

I'm in the same boat. I've got a gift card. And I have a 5 month old son. Would love to buy him a rifle or shotgun. But I don't know what to get him. He already has a .410 I'm just afraid when he gets old enough to hunt they'll have some kind of bs gun laws where he'll never be able to buy a gun

I'm in the same boat. I've got a gift card. And I have a 5 month old son. Would love to buy him a rifle or shotgun. But I don't know what to get him. He already has a .410 I'm just afraid when he gets old enough to hunt they'll have some kind of bs gun laws where he'll never be able to buy a gun

Yea I was thinking of a 10/22 or something for my 15month old son. But then again I put a 30/30 away for him already so I’m thinking this purchase is gunna be for Dad. Either a new tote rig or maybe a marlin 444

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Kimber Adirondack in 308?image.jpeg.b452db5a8b12fa64d863fe8be9670a4f.jpeg

I was thinking about this and i really think i am done buying guns.  Finally happy with everything I have.  Takes me a while of buying and trying and trading and switching.  But once I get to where i like it I settle in.  Im good with the pistol i have, my main deer gun - 12 g shotgun, .450 rifle, and turkey gun etc. , love my muzzleloader and even have my moose gun ready (BAR in 30-06) if i ever draw a permit.   

good luck and have fun shopping  - worst part is having to choose!  lol 

10 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

So you get a gift card to the gun store. You also don’t mind throwing down some cash on your own... what do you get?

What do you already have? What do you hunt? What would you like to hunt that you dont already? Do you have a pistol permit?

Edited by CapDistPatriot

51 minutes ago, helmut in the bush said:

I would buy a Remington 700 action or a clone, a Criterion Remage barrel, Bell and Carlson stock, Jewel trigger. The scope would be determined by the caliber I chose, then I would have a custom rifle I built myself. What could go wrong?

I have a 700, you really cannot go wrong, especially for the money...

What do you already have? What do you hunt? What would you like to hunt that you dont already? Do you have a pistol permit?

Ok I’m gunna list this here im sure I’ll forget some

Marlin 336 30/30

Marlin 336 35 Remington

M1 garand

M1 carbine

Nazi g 98/40

Remington 700 sps in 308

Remington 700 bld in 243

Smith and Wesson m&p ar

Stag 10 in 6.5 creed

Mossberg 935 12 ga

Pistols

Xds 9mm

Shield 9mm

Ruger mark ii 22

Japanese Nambu

Glock 43

Kimber stainless 1911

Smith and Wesson body guard 380

I hunt deer, turkey, coyote. I have hunted upland birds on occasion. Im thinking about a lever in 444 marlin. Maybe a Remington 700 in 300 win mag. Or maybe a new coyote rig. Just not sure

Kimber Adirondack in 308?image.jpeg.b452db5a8b12fa64d863fe8be9670a4f.jpeg
I was thinking about this and i really think i am done buying guns.  Finally happy with everything I have.  Takes me a while of buying and trying and trading and switching.  But once I get to where i like it I settle in.  Im good with the pistol i have, my main deer gun - 12 g shotgun, .450 rifle, and turkey gun etc. , love my muzzleloader and even have my moose gun ready (BAR in 30-06) if i ever draw a permit.   
good luck and have fun shopping  - worst part is having to choose!  lol 

I’m with you, I just need an “heirloom” rifle and an O/U and I’m done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’m getting a hankering my for a high quality over under. My new browning synergy has started something I dose t even know I had “an interest in o/u’s.

When it comes to doubles I have always preferred side by sides but recently been pondering an over and under field gun in 20 ga myself. Had a Winchester 12 ga 101 Trap gun many years ago it was my only experience with over and unders, it was ok for it's intended purpose.

I have been looking at used Ruger Red Labels and have been leaning in that direction. Another contender is the new Galazan Connecticut Revelation model (below), American made, has good reviews so far and while not cheap as far as over and unders go it is somewhat affordable.  $1995 - $2500 depending on the wood.

wm_12872723.jpg

• Like 1