blackbeltbill

Memory Lane--My First 2 Turkeys And A Few More Early Ones. Post Pics Of Your 1st Turkey Taken Or #s -2-3-4-Etc.

Don’t have a pic of my first ever turkey when I was 12, but here’s my second one, which wasn’t until 10 years later in 2015. Got my pops next to me too. 5e5b9a4a0b033a0ec95f7d17b258702a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 Day Weekend coming up for many. Post your (Early Turkeys) taken when you got started. That 12lb Jake is my very first. Taken in the 4th week of MAY-- 1994 after 5 frustrating Years of trying for one! Try to get a few more pics up. Hope to see plenty of members pics here.

• Like 1

I am sitting with my 2nd wild Turkey and my 1st  Full Grown Gobbler. I took him on Sterling Mountain in Sterling Forest in May-1995. 21lbs-- heavy for a Mountain Gobbler. Clucks and Purrs on a Slate called him up. Clucks and Purrs are frowned upon by some experts- but they do work.

My first one. And one of my next one's.  Had 7 big Tom's around me Thursday before I took that buck. Will see them in the spring!

0507150631.jpg

IMG_20181115_154519404.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

This Gobbler was Taken on the May opener in 1999 back when the DEC had a Lottery in 1998 and 1999 on the Stewart Buffer Lands. 13 Hunters on 7000 acres. I pulled 2 days that year, I believe. I called this 21 pounder up with my Gobbler Wingbone.

This Gobbler Fan was from a Gobbler - again in 1999.3rd week of as, I always write on the back. Not sure though if it is PA,NJ, or NY.   I might get a few more early pics up. 

The Brood Hen on the right weighed over 12lbs. That Jenny was a hefty 7lbs. Sterling Forest in the Fall of course. I wanted to get some (Double) pics up as those days are now gone forever since 2015. The Jenny's crop was busting with Grapes!  I was still hunting on a high ridge in Sterling Forest and stepped past a huge Boulder and there they were with all Heads down feeding on Acorns. A good 10 or so. Turkey Fever set in- but, I kept my head down on the Stock.

Another Fall Double from  my early days.  I believe, I took those 2 Jake's at Stewart State Forest. I had a tough time toting them out as they both weighed around 16lbs. I scattered that Flock and they started to Kee-Kee-Run after 45 minutes. Old Faithful Cane Creek Slate over Glass Pot. These 2 came in first together walking along a Rockwall.