Throw out your lettuce !!

Robhuntandfish

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

Theres still broccoli buddy.....hang in there 

I'm going to need all the support, i can get.  

All kidding aside, its pretty obnoxious, you pay up the....for it, and then you need to throw it out.

I don't like wasting food, and money.

2 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I'm going to need all the support, i can get.  

All kidding aside, its pretty obnoxious, you pay up the....for it, and then you need to throw it out.

I don't like wasting food, and money.

i agree and just finished up some last week and luckily bought a regular head of iceberg this week.  Wonder why its always the romaine?  and just in time to not go with leftover turkey sammiches.  

• Like 1

If you saw where they grow lettuce in Mexico in,  you would throw all your lettuce out and never buy it again.

On a side note; How many remember the lettuce boycott back in the early 70's?  My uncle  VW bug was destroyed in Chicago riot over lettuce. All he got back was the steering wheel. I still have it, somewhere around.

2 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

If you saw where they grow lettuce in Mexico in,  you would throw all your lettuce out and never buy it again.

On a side note; How many remember the lettuce boycott back in the early 70's?  My uncle  VW bug was destroyed in Chicago riot over lettuce. All he got back was the steering wheel. I still have it, somewhere around.

I can only imagine, although I am sure a lot foods are like this to some degree.  I did see a show on how the Fresh Express bag push salads are made....puke.  Dirty old cement mixer looking tubs.  

4 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

ewww.........and no i dont recall that . What was it about?  

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i agree and just finished up some last week and luckily bought a regular head of iceberg this week.  Wonder why its always the romaine?  and just in time to not go with leftover turkey sammiches.  

Brown mashed potatoes in a pan, with stuffing.  Take grands biscuits, put turkey, then mashed potatoes, then stuffing, and some gravy on top, then put the other half of the biscuit on as a roof.  My favorite turkey sammich

Just now, Bionic said:

Brown mashed potatoes in a pan, with stuffing.  Take grands biscuits, put turkey, then mashed potatoes, then stuffing, and some gravy on top, then put the other half of the biscuit on as a roof.  My favorite turkey sammich

i am in!  youve been nailing it with these sandwiches lately!  and no lettuce in sight with them.  Still thinking i need to make a make a meatloaf ...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

you ought to be stocked up now after that monster buck!  Meatloaf away! 

Just gotta get it processed. He got quartered up last night and into the fridge. I do the filet's, steaks and roasts first then the ground gets done last. 

And remember folks lettuce is bad for you! 

Most romaine we eat in this country is crown from
Yuma Arizona up the coast to Northern California. Not Mexico. Only bottom feeder company’s sell Mexican lettuce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1