Did you notice a change in deer patterns as a result of crossbow season ?

Hunter007

1 hour ago, Belo said:

you'd never be able to correlate this data as it's also generally right around the time the rut takes place and any given year could be chase/seeking phase too.

True  no way to no  for sure but with fresh snow on opening day seeing  fresh  tracks  where I usally see them in past years makes me think .

Crossbow guys  didn't spook the deer off   the area  from what I can tell . 

20 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Just wondering if anyone sees a difference? In deer  Behavior with a few more hunters going early in the woods for crossbow. 

I do not believe there were any change in patterns / behavior. But  I know several guys that have hung the vertical bow up for a crossbow and their success rate has gone up. I am not against crossbows , but they are easier and more efficient at taking deer. 

• Like 1

Weather, has a bigger impact on changing deer movement, than what a hunter chooses to carry in the woods. Along with many other factors, that have nothing to do with humans.

There are far less hunters in the woods now than 25 years ago. Good thing some have an opportunity to use a crossbow. Or there would be even less out there.

• Like 2

Right,when I started in the mid 70’s I think NYS had close to one million deer hunters,  compared to what half that today . And doe tags were party permits three guys to one doe tag, today I can  get five  for 8H .

We have far more deer and far less hunters and still guys complain about Xbows, kinda funny for those of us who’ve hunted 40 years ago .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1