Happy Thanksgiving

Gencountyzeek

Happy Thanksgiving Zeke.  Congrats on your buck!

I am stuck home on house duty.  No turkey and no hunting (unless I can whack one Zeke-style)

I am thankful for our little place, my dogs, my job and my woodstove.

Take care everyone.  Enjoy your day.  Good luck to all those hunting.

Edited by stubborn1VT
  • Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving to all those toughing it out, out there on this cold morning.  I only made it a couple hours before throwing in the towel.   I could have made it longer, had I brought along a quart of hot cider like I usually do on cold days but my daughter's drank up all we had in the fridge.   No deer tracks around this morning on the fresh snow, and the only deer sign I saw was the remnants of a couple that I had butchered on the carcass pile across the creek from my bedroom window.  I did run across a fresh set of fox tracks.  The biggest excitement this morning was hearing something big crashing thru the brush on my walk back.  I got into a firing position, just as a big tom turkey busted out of the cover, reminding me of what day it was. 

Our own venison supply is secure now with two little deer in the freezer and two big ones aging in the garage.   My only motivation now is trying to fill one or more of my three remaining DMP's for my brother-in-law (he raises beef and makes the best jerky with a 50/50 venison mix), and to get 10 more points in the contest here.   That is not enough motivation for me to endure that cold for very long.