Does it make sense to use scents when its cold out?

goosifer

All other things being equal, if the temperature is below freezing, or even say below 20 degrees, does it make sense to use scents like natural doe in heat urine? Within an hour a so it will be a pee-sicle, and once frozen, won't it's ability to emit scent, and or the scent's ability to transmit in the wind, be significantly impaired? I'm planning on not bothering to use any tomorrow given the low temps, but just wanted to make sure my reasoning was sound. Thoughts?

• Like 1

I am not sure what temp. urine freezes at....urine is salty, but I am sure like all liquids it evaporates more slowly in cold temps. I tend to use urine more along trails I am watching, to catch a bucks attention as he is passing through to offer a better shot. It worked to a T sunday. A little spray of Tinks #9 along a trail, the buck was cruising along and would probably have only offered a shot at a trot, but slowed right down to check it out. Tag filled.