So good news so far this season no accidental shootings

Hunter007

Wasn't hunting but still a shooting accident:

A Corinth, New York, woman died on Thursday after she was shot as her husband cleaned his gun.

“At approximately 10:30 PM, 35 year old Eric Rosenbrock was performing maintenance on his legally possessed handgun when a round was discharged that struck his wife, 34 year old Ashley Rosenbrock,” Major Robert E. Patnaude of the New York State Police wrote in a press release. Ashley died at Saratoga Hospital.

Eric works as a science teacher in Lake George

6 hours ago, Rattler said:

At least it doesn't make hunters look bad

No but this sure will:

Two rounds from hunter's gun hit Rush home

Rush, N.Y. - (WHAM) A home in Rush was struck by two rounds from a hunter's gun Sunday afternoon.

No one was injured.

According to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, deputies were called to a home on Rush West Rush Road around 12:30 p.m. for the report of hunters firing behind the property

https://13wham.com/news/local/two-rounds-from-hunters-gun-hit-rush-home

2 hours ago, Steve D said:

No but this sure will:

Rush, N.Y. - (WHAM) A home in Rush was struck by two rounds from a hunter's gun Sunday afternoon.

No one was injured.

According to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, deputies were called to a home on Rush West Rush Road around 12:30 p.m. for the report of hunters firing behind the property

Nice Moog. Thanks a lot

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rattler said:

Anytime a husband shoots his wife while "cleaning" his gun,  I think it really was not an accident. 

At least it doesn't make hunters look bad.

At least we haven't seen a hunting related shooting that was fatal so far.

The old “ cleaning my gun “........

Ok first unload ,tiriple check , field strip ,clean parts .

done that hundreds of times never once has pointing it at my wife and pulling the trigger been part of the process  . Besides where does he clean it ? Nice weather on my patio , but mostly in the basement in my gun room . 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Steve D said:

Wasn't hunting but still a shooting accident:

A Corinth, New York, woman died on Thursday after she was shot as her husband cleaned his gun.

“At approximately 10:30 PM, 35 year old Eric Rosenbrock was performing maintenance on his legally possessed handgun when a round was discharged that struck his wife, 34 year old Ashley Rosenbrock,” Major Robert E. Patnaude of the New York State Police wrote in a press release. Ashley died at Saratoga Hospital.

Eric works as a science teacher in Lake George

I don't believe that story for one second that was premeditated murder. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve D said:

No but this sure will:

No one was injured.

I have seen cases where the bullets that hit the home were actually fired by the homeowner, who then claimed hunters did it.  One guy wanted a rifle range more than a mile away shut down, and claimed a bullet in his house wall came from the range.  It turned out to be a FMJ .45 ACP slug that was fired from about 50 yards.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Storm914 said:

I don't believe that story for one second that was premeditated murder. 

Maybe not. Could be he wanted to clean his gun at the kitchen table and the wife starting berating him,and then an idea popped in his head...

Seriously though,even if one was dumb enough to clean a gun with a round in it,what are the chances of it hitting the wife if it does go off? close to 0

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BuckFever21 said:

Wow, do you happen to know where in Columbia County ? I hunt up there.

From GreeneHunter's link above;

VALATIE, N.Y. — A Saratoga County man was shot in a hunting accident on private property in this Columbia County village, the county Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday.

Deputies responding to a 911 call shortly after 5 p.m. Tuesday found Robert Potter, 54, of Corinth, with a gunshot wound to his left leg, the Sheriff's Office said in a press release.

The Sheriff's Office said Potter was accidentally shot by his deer hunting partner, Ernest Sutliff, 38, of Albuquerque, N.M. Potter and Sutliff were hunting with two other family members, according to the press release.

Potter was taken in a private vehicle to CMH Rapid Care for treatment of the wound, the Sheriff's Office said. He later was taken by ambulance to Albany Medical Center.

7 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

From GreeneHunter's link above;

VALATIE, N.Y. — A Saratoga County man was shot in a hunting accident on private property in this Columbia County village, the county Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday.

Deputies responding to a 911 call shortly after 5 p.m. Tuesday found Robert Potter, 54, of Corinth, with a gunshot wound to his left leg, the Sheriff's Office said in a press release.

The Sheriff's Office said Potter was accidentally shot by his deer hunting partner, Ernest Sutliff, 38, of Albuquerque, N.M. Potter and Sutliff were hunting with two other family members, according to the press release.

Potter was taken in a private vehicle to CMH Rapid Care for treatment of the wound, the Sheriff's Office said. He later was taken by ambulance to Albany Medical Center.

Thanks Dinsdale, that's a bit north of where I hunt.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, Rattler said:

Anytime a husband shoots his wife while "cleaning" his gun,  I think it really was not an accident. 

At least it doesn't make hunters look bad.

At least we haven't seen a hunting related shooting that was fatal so far.

Nobody ever shot ANYBODY while cleaning a gun....

Reminds me of a local incident many years ago near here when the wife of a DEC officer "accidently" shot him with his  handgun...It was a double action .38 revolver....She was "looking" at his revolver and it accidently discharged TWICE....One round hit the woodwork beside him and the other drilled him through a lung..Fortunately, it was loaded with old fashisioned round nose lead bullets and he survived the wound...In fact a month later he was out on Catherine Creek arresting violaters with a drainage tube still  attached to his chest....

Seems the old boy was a womanizer and his wife was waiting for him when he got home late from one of his dates... He chose not to press charges and  the shooting was recorded as accidental...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Nobody ever shot ANYBODY while cleaning a gun....

Reminds me of a local incident many years ago near here when the wife of a DEC officer "accidently" shot him with his  handgun...It was a double action .38 revolver....She was "looking" at his revolver and it accidently discharged TWICE....One round hit the woodwork beside him and the other drilled him through a lung..Fortunately, it was loaded with old fashisioned round nose lead bullets and he survived the wound...In fact a month later he was out on Catherine Creek arresting violaters with a drainage tube still  attached to his chest....

Seems the old boy was a womanizer and his wife was waiting for him when he got home late from one of his dates... He chose not to press charges and  the shooting was recorded as accidental...

And that's the truth

• Like 2

On 11/25/2018 at 9:36 AM, BowmanMike said:

Maybe not. Could be he wanted to clean his gun at the kitchen table and the wife starting berating him,and then an idea popped in his head...

Seriously though,even if one was dumb enough to clean a gun with a round in it,what are the chances of it hitting the wife if it does go off? close to 0

The only way possible that a gun can go off accidentally is if you drop it and  even  that it is not likely especially on a modern firearm .

And the chances that the gun happened  be dropped go off and  hit and actually kill some one even more unlikely  like hitting the lottery.