Unconventional methods of harvest?

crappyice

Anyone have any experience with trapping deer? Atlatl? Spear?

Other? Are there legalities to be concerned about?

I do not plan on any of this but I have a “cowboy” in our pumpkin army group (he’s an ass and “married in” to the group)who thinks he can kill one by one of these methods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not plan on any of this but I have a “cowboy” in our pumpkin army group (he’s an ass and “married in” to the group)who thinks he can kill one by one of these methods.

Snaring is pretty easy (not legal in NY tho). Some peanut butter on a stick and you can stack squirrels pretty quickly

31 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Internet full of crazy story of people killing deer in all sorts of ways there's this special Forces guy who claims he killed a deer with a slingshot loaded with a 50 cal lead ball  if you look it up there are some pictures of the deer .

Here it is 

download-20.jpg

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

How much Evan Williams infused with Franks red hot have you had tonight?

Just enough to sleep well and still be able to be up at 3:45 to make the drive to Columbia county....figure I’ll go Biz-like today and be driving home by 7:45!!!

• Like 4

Has "cowboy" ever killed one with a firearm?  If not, tell him to try doing that first.

If he has, refer him to the NY Game Laws compendium section on legal hunting implements where he will see what is legal to use.  None of the above are, as far as I know.

• Like 3

No interest in any of this, but I do remember a customer I had when I ran my processing business. He claims to have spined a deer with his last arrow. He'd also forgotten his skinning knife, so he finished the deer off with his penknife. The deer beat him up pretty good in the process, but eventually he won. It may have been BS, but he told a good, but pretty gruesome story.:bad:

7 hours ago, crappyice said:

I've trapped Turkey with the dec. For a branding project. For an individual on his own all the methods you stated are illegal in nys..

Internet full of crazy story of people killing deer in all sorts of ways there's this special Forces guy who claims he killed a deer with a slingshot loaded with a 50 cal lead ball  if you look it up there are some pictures of the deer .
Here it is 
download-20.jpg.8a42ed61990dcb9759622875fcc4cbaa.jpg
Looks like it died of old age and he shot it's rotting carcass

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Looks like it died of old age and he shot it's rotting carcass

His story goes that he smacked it dead center with the  50 cal lead ball  shot from his slingshot  right  between his eyes then ran up to it and slit its throat with his knife.

This guy is x speacel forces guy  that teaches survival skills to people .

The slingshot he uses is like supersize with like speargun rubber .

His story goes that he smacked it dead center with the  50 cal lead ball  shot from his slingshot  right  between his eyes then ran up to it and slit its throat with his knife.
This guy is x speacel forces guy  that teaches survival skills to people .
The slingshot he uses is like supersize with like speargun rubber .

Sounds ridiculous

13 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Sounds ridiculous

I have no idea if its  true he got videos  on YouTube talking about it and how to make his style of slingshot for survival. 

And a shooting demonstrations of how much power they have . 

This guy

Edited by Storm914

7 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I'm sure it can be done, but is it legal?  Does the guy have a hunting license and was the season open?  Or maybe he took it on a paid preserve.

Actually I think he says he  took the deer on a military base training soldiers how to survive  but 

I'm not sure you got to watch all his videos somewhere in them he tells the story dont remember exactly which video it's in these are from 2012  . Different states have  different types of laws so who knows.

• Like 1

When I was younger me and this gal I knew would get drunk on Genny's and go around kidnapping deer from a bunch of local eskimo villagers.:drinks:

Snatched them right out of their beds during broad daylight! We used chloroform to knock them out until they were loaded in the getaway car and sold on the black market,lol

doecar2.jpg.6e350835784d01840f4e5287a373684f.jpgdoecar3.jpg.46a355ab8e87a18484fb2bee92f695df.jpgdoecar1.thumb.jpg.1a4ccc1ccb607dcafa6e83eb70c0c577.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

When I was younger me and this gal I knew would get drunk on Genny's and go around kidnapping deer from a bunch of local eskimo villagers.:drinks:
Snatched them right out of their beds during broad daylight! We used chloroform to knock them out until they were loaded in the getaway car and sold on the black market,lol
doecar2.jpg.6e350835784d01840f4e5287a373684f.jpgdoecar3.jpg.46a355ab8e87a18484fb2bee92f695df.jpgdoecar1.thumb.jpg.1a4ccc1ccb607dcafa6e83eb70c0c577.jpg

I see the camo was for stealth and the element of surprise

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wooly said:

Look's like your girl has the Plumber's crack going on

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, crappyice said:

Give that guy a good laxative, that should keep him out of trouble