Ever Loose A Handgun?

Lawdwaz

This is one of those posts that I feel like I've started before........maybe not?

So have you or anyone you know ever lost a handgun?  What did you do about it and what was the stance of your County Pistol Permit Dept?

(I only ask because I THOUGHT I lost one, it has turned up)

• Like 1

Never lost a handgun but a few years back myself and a co-worker were working on a job down in southern Jersey. I drove and we spent three nights down there. It was a nasty, smelly place. Last day there we took the opportunity to shower at their locker rooms before heading home. Got a call from my co-worker later that night asking if I could look in my truck for his handgun he couldn't find! WTF! I didnt know he was carrying all week in my vehicle! Wasn't in my truck. I'm  thinking he left it at the facilty down in Jersey and we are screwed when the client finds it. He found it in his suitcase. Not a big deal for him and I wouldn't have cared if he let me know but I drove this asshole around for three days across state lines and he never told me he was carrying. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So a friend  of mine works for a major police dept around here . His job is processing stolen guns, one used in crimes , and revoking pistol permits . He’s a pro 2 A guy btw .

I asked him what he would revoke one for . He said guys have them stolen from  unlocked car consoles, or loose them and don’t report it for six months or a year , he said that’s irresponsible.

So If i would,report it , that would be after a week or ten days giving me time to look everywhere 100 times , but say like two days ago .

If it turns up, I’d say something along the lines of , “ I thought it was in my basement gunsafe, but I found it in a wall safe in the guest room, or something along those lines .Something better then it slid down in my truck seats .

Hope that never occurres , but I’ll adimt to Looking frantically around the house for a few minutes ......

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I hunted pheasants at that place in Wright’s Corners last spring, he told us to look for a loaded service pistol that a cop had lost the week before. He said they even had a helicopter out there searching, not sure what that meant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow I bet his/her department freaked with that development.

Not to long ago someone lost there pistol in a  womens clothing room .

Lady with kid comes along finds it first thing she does is pull the trigger gun goes off .

When questioned  why she shot the gun she said she pulled the trigger to make sure it was  real   .

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.11alive.com/amp/article%3fsection=news&headline=kid-finds-loaded-gun-in-lenox-square-dressing-room-mom-pulls-trigger-to-see-if-its-real&contentId=85-466955028

Edited by Storm914
  • Confused 1

I bent down over a swamp with a shoulder rig unsnapped and dropped a Contender (with scope) into the muck. It actually took me a while to find it. Nothing like the shotgun that hopped out of the canoe into the Erie canal though. Didn't find that gun until the next day with a set of snatch hooks. Ithaca Model 37. Ugly as hell now, but we've gotten here together.

I don't think this is what you're talking about.

• Like 2

Never lost one but have had the same dream of getting to the US/NY border from Fort Erie ,Ontario then realizing I had my beretta tomcat .32 in my pocket I forgot all about. then dream progresses to now what ? do I mail it home piece by piece ? And how did I get into Ontario with it and what was I thinking.  Was I at  the sundowner ? You'd think she'd feel it during a lapdance   Is that a .32 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me says mercedez    I mean I've had this dream a bunch.  Now when I'm headed across the border I count the safe umpteen times before leaving lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Never lost one but have had the same dream of getting to the US/NY border from Fort Erie ,Ontario then realizing I had my beretta tomcat .32 in my pocket I forgot all about. then dream progresses to now what ? do I mail it home piece by piece ? And how did I get into Ontario with it and what was I thinking.  Was I at  the sundowner ? You'd think she'd feel it during a lapdance   Is that a .32 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me says mercedez    I mean I've had this dream a bunch.  Now when I'm headed across the border I count the safe umpteen times before leaving lol

What does Mrs TF think about your dream.  Hopefully she's into Mercedez.  :kiss:

27 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I've got a story that'd blow your mind, when I have time I'll relate it.  (I was there but NOT the one who almost went to the clink)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, First-light said:

You talken throw away?

BIL used to scubadive and drift the niagara river by grand island. They’d radio the sheriffs before the drift and notify them   Quite a few times they’d have to radio again as they found handguns tossed over the edge of the bridge and perps thinking never to be seen again. Majority were Hi Points. 

• Like 1

BIL used to scubadive and drift the niagara river by grand island. They’d radio the sheriffs before the drift and notify them   Quite a few times they’d have to radio again as they found handguns tossed over the edge of the bridge and perps thinking never to be seen again. Majority were Hi Points. 
Probably still fully functional even after years of being under water. HiPoints besides their horribleness are actually pretty decent albeit heavy and ugly guns. And decent in so far as they are functional and can take some serious abuse

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Never actually lost a hand gun, but brought my Ruger 22 mark III to camp one weekend. Packed it in my duffle bag and went home. Forgot it was there never unpacked the bag. Fast forward two weeks I want to bring it back up to camp. Couldn’t find it. Tore my house apart like a mad man. Wife got really pissed as I was literally tossing the couch at one point. Gave up after 2 hours was gunna check at camp even though I was sure I brought it home. Went to pack my duffel. Found gun.... sat on bedroom floor laughing for 20 min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3