Forgetting to Report

Five Seasons

7 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I think the DEC is going to happy to see you reported it.  Heck, if you butcher your own, report it whenever with a fictional harvest date. 

(This is an anonymous post by the way)

:)

ha not a bad idea i guess. There's something about knowingly, technically violating a rule lol.

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I do them online FWIW

6 minutes ago, grampy said:

Better late than not at all.  I have not heard of any problems with late reports.

Did mine online for the first time last week. So easy.

just did it. no police yet haha. It's actually pretty easy to just login and then click the tag you're reporting. A little interesting that there's a banner on the front page that warns of a $250 fine for failure to report. I think I have a deer from a few years ago that i forgot lol.

• Like 3

Just now, Belo said:

just did it. no police yet haha. It's actually pretty easy to just login and then click the tag you're reporting. A little interesting that there's a banner on the front page that warns of a $250 fine for failure to report. I think I have a deer from a few years ago that i forgot lol.

Cripes I wonder if we could potentially get a fine via mail? That would dissuade me from ever reporting again

8 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I think the DEC is going to happy to see you reported it.  Heck, if you butcher your own, report it whenever with a fictional harvest date. 

(This is an anonymous post by the way)

:)

I think the dates on the tag, need to match up with the report?  If for any reason, they should check. (highly unlikely)

I think they put a time limit on it to try to ensure that you don't ignore reporting completely. Of course they want the report in time to be useful in this years data, but I think they are thankful that you produce the data before the end of the computation period.

• Like 1

i am an expert in late reporting,self proclaimed mind you. Have not had an issue yet,and i am going to try it out again today since i forgot to report my doe from 8 days ago. 

Better late than never,could be a life motto. And how come you moved to dicksville? I hear it isnt a great place to live,haha.

Oh man I cant believe you all report late and chance it like that. I report it as soon as I fill the tag out. Wouldn't want to get in trouble! 

Kidding I'm like all y'all slackers and have a tendency to report it late. This year was only 3 days after so that's a win! 

1 hour ago, Belo said:

So lets say someone was busy and forgot to report their harvest within 7 days, but knows this information is valuable to the state and wants to report it.

What is one to do?

10 on-line lashes for you, plus a letter in your file....