Ground blind recommendations

Al Bundy

10 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

for the branch we picked up  OX 5 blinds from Barronbettes. They are a very nice blind and more than enough room to fit two hunters and gear. 6'6" in the center of roof. My only complaint is I wish their slide windows on the thing went up higher and no need for the bottom to go as low as it does. I am 6'4" so maybe that plays into it. I would recommend them though. The are water proof and the fabric is pretty quiet. The entry door could stand to be a tad bigger.  

I have the OX5 as well, and I agree the windows could be a little higher up, especially for archery.  I did set the blind over a 3 or 4” divot in the ground and put my chair inside the divot, that helped bring the arrow and bow down a little inside the blind.   I think the Big Mike has better windows for archery, might look into that for next season.

I also had the center portion cave in under heavy snow, but there was no damage to the blind after popping it back up.  

If you can’t find replacement fiberglass poles, you can use fiberglass driveway stakes in their place.  Not as tight a fit as the regular ones, but they will work in a pinch. 

Edited by Otto

Dick’s and a few other retailers have the Ameristep Doghouse for $50 right now. My wife got me one for my birthday. It holds up well. When you tie it down it can withstand wind pretty well. It’s also fairly water resistant. Only complaint I have is the shoot-through windows are small.