Give King Andy your Facebook Password

XGX7PM

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/politics/2018/11/26/ny-lawmaker--scour-social-media-before-issuing-gun-licenses 

As unbelievable as it may sound, ł am probably the only person ł know under 30 without a social media presence.

Think King Andy would believe that or will ł have to prove to the guy behind the counter at the country store that ł don't have facebook in an age where everyone lives on social media?

Not alone.  I killed my facebook account over a decade ago.  Killed twitter over a year ago in protest.  Only thing I have is LinkedIn, and totally passive there, never done anything other than accept links from other people (professional colleagues mostly).  No social media footprint for this boy.  

Well... there is this forum.... 

Wonder just how far they will try to go.  As far as legally possible, I imagine.  

I have Facebook due to my wife setting it up but for the most part I dont go online anymore much due to trying to stay private,i dont have a computer anymore either.  If asked I forgot all my passwords,they are welcome to try and retrieve them.

Are the forums on this website classified as "social media"?  I say Yes.

These forums are populated with firearm owners, prime areas to investigate for the "social media police".

Personally, I have seen some inappropriate remarks attacking others on some forums.  I can only wonder how the "social media police" will view these comments.

1 hour ago, The_Field_Ager said:

Not very different from the moves being pulled in China now. Bad behavior on social media can get you a low score on their new civilian conformity rating system. A bad rating means you can be denied services and employment . Welcome to the People's Republic of NY 

Where do you think he got the idea from . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

First, there is no companion bill in the ASSembly (yet) so this isn't going anywhere.

Second, can anyone else tell me which constitutional Rights are dependent upon government 'thought police' deeming whether or not you are worthy to have them?  Didn't think so.  

I'll hold back my horses until Princess Andy's un-SAFE 2 rears its ugly head.

21 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Are we discussing this Bill?

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/s9191

21 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

First, there is no companion bill in the ASSembly (yet) so this isn't going anywhere.

Second, can anyone else tell me which constitutional Rights are dependent upon government 'thought police' deeming whether or not you are worthy to have them?  Didn't think so.  

I'll hold back my horses until Princess Andy's un-SAFE 2 rears its ugly head.

That's what I am wondering.