Dick's Sporting Goods is taking a little dive

dbHunterNY

The Capital District will never see a Bass Pro or Cabella's IMO, to many libtards. Even Saratoga had gone bat shit crazy to the point where the gun show up there will not happen again anytime soon.

We were in F&S today, my wifes employer gave her a $250 gift card for the store, and I sure as hell am not about to waste that gift.. I hate their policies now as much as the next, but she got a nice pair of Bushnell Binos, she bought me/us a box of Hornady American Whitatail .25-06 ammo for $22, she also was kind enough to but me a turkey call pack that was on clearance for $15.
Sorry, local gun shops can very high on the ammo for the deer rifles I have, .7mm-08 and .25-06 are pricey in those shops, because it's readily available in most stores. I tried to sell a box of Federal Fusion ammo in .25-06 that I paid $50 for at Gunsmoke. People said I was crazy, but that's what I paid, sorry, that's extremely high of a price point.
My wife will end up getting her hunting chair from F&S, we may get more ammo, and maybe some fishing stuff for her. Who knows? I sure as hell am not going to complain about a $250 gift for my wife that will help ease up on my wallet what I have to buy for her, just for the reason I don't like the top dogs policy.

Go ahead, bash away, I don't care. 

Anyone who bashes you is a fool. First off it’s a gift card if you don’t spend it then they really make our like bandits!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

I don’t like to give any money to the Dicks, but if you have a gift card, you should take full advantage of the price matching policy. If I need something in a pinch and I can’t wait for it to be shipped to me by purchasing online, I’ll google the item on my phone while I’m in the store. Find the lowest price, and they’ll match it at the register. If they’re going to get any of my money, I’m going to make sure that they are making close to zero profit on it, and maybe even losing money on my purchase. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Or he could have sold it, taken the cash and bought stuff elsewhere. Thats what I would have done.

Sell it to who? It's NOT my card to sell! I can't sell something that doesn't belong to me! God, pay attention once in a while will ya!

12 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

The difference would be that I didnt spend any money there.

Good for you!

Let me tell you all something! You are boycotting Dicks/Field And Stream, and I agree with your reasons! But what I find hilarious, is this site has a FaceBook page, and that site is beyond comprehension on what's allowed and whats not. I chose my bitter pill, and stand by it. You people want to keep coming off with with this BS and hypocrisy you have with "If they don't support 2A we are boycotting!'. Then you better take down that FaceBook page. Just satin, FB is just an anti gun as everyone unless you are a criminal. If you stand behind your convictions, there are no compromises. 

10 hours ago, Rob... said:

You people want to keep coming off with with this BS and hypocrisy you have with "If they don't support 2A we are boycotting!'

It's not that they are not supporting the 2A, it's that they are taking your money to pay lobbyists to lobby against the 2A. That's an active attack.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

It's not that they are not supporting the 2A, it's that they are taking your money to pay lobbyists to lobby against the 2A. That's an active attack.

If people are going to take a "Hard Stand" on the Right, then do so, don't pussy foot around, and don't give people shit because they don't do exactly what you want.

I guess you missed my point on that one. If you take a "hard stand", then you more or less make clear yours is the only opinion that counts. If you don't agree with one policy, but others are OK just to suit your needs, sorry, that's being a hypocrite. Another thread that I just shake my head at, carry on people, and on and on and on.

Happy New Year!

13 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

With all the guns and ammo in the DICKs and F&S stores , why would they pay people to lobby against the 2nd Amendment ? Doesn't make sense .

29 minutes ago, slayer said:

I will at least go there to get my license. I dont think they make any money on that . so haha i make them pay their employees to do something for nothing. put the screws to em.

You are 100% wrong. They make money on license sales. Our town clerk actively promotes license sales because the state pays the for each license they sell ( and our tiny town government can use the cash).

I am just saying that it doesn't make sense for a Gun retailer to hire 2A lobbiests . They are shooting themselves in the foot .

Dick’s Sporting Goods, which announced in February it would no longer sell rifles to anyone under the age of 21, hired three Beltway lobbyists to lobby Congress for gun control, according to federal records reviewed by The Federalist.

The lobbying records show Dick’s hired two Democrats and one Republican from Glover Park Group, a DC-based government affairs firm, for “[l]obbying related to gun control.” No other policy issues were listed in the disclosure form filed by the firm. The disclosure forms show Dick’s pro-gun control lobbying effort began official on April 27, 2018. The official registration form noting Dick’s retention of Glover to push for gun control was filed on Monday morning.

The three lobbyists tapped by Dick’s to push for gun control are listed by name in the federal disclosure forms, which are required by the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 to be filed quarterly: Joel Johnson, who worked for both President Bill Clinton and Senate Democrat leadership; Andrew King, who worked for Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.); and Christina Brown, a former staffer for Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.).

Prior to retaining Glover Park Group to push for gun control, Dick’s Sporting Goods retained the services of CSA Strategies LLC, which pushed for issues such as tax reform, cybersecurity, and patent litigation reform on behalf of Dick’s during the four-year relationship between the two companies. Both firms are headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

CSA is helmed by Alex Urrea, a former Republican staffer on the House Financial Services committee. Dick’s relationship with CSA was terminated effective January 31, 2018, but was not made public until early April, lobbying records show.

I am not a liberal Slick . I am a Republican and a Trump supporter . Do you even vote ?
Lol. Slow your roll my man. I was replying to your comment about how it "doesn't make sense". As in that's the libs for ya, they don't make sense ! As far as voting, yes, I have voted since I was 18.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

You are 100% wrong. They make money on license sales. Our town clerk actively promotes license sales because the state pays the for each license they sell ( and our tiny town government can use the cash).

well then thats all over with. its town hall or nothing

10 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I am just saying that it doesn't make sense for a Gun retailer to hire 2A lobbiests . They are shooting themselves in the foot .

Dick’s Sporting Goods, which announced in February it would no longer sell rifles to anyone under the age of 21, hired three Beltway lobbyists to lobby Congress for gun control, according to federal records reviewed by The Federalist.

The lobbying records show Dick’s hired two Democrats and one Republican from Glover Park Group, a DC-based government affairs firm, for “[l]obbying related to gun control.” No other policy issues were listed in the disclosure form filed by the firm. The disclosure forms show Dick’s pro-gun control lobbying effort began official on April 27, 2018. The official registration form noting Dick’s retention of Glover to push for gun control was filed on Monday morning.

The three lobbyists tapped by Dick’s to push for gun control are listed by name in the federal disclosure forms, which are required by the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 to be filed quarterly: Joel Johnson, who worked for both President Bill Clinton and Senate Democrat leadership; Andrew King, who worked for Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.); and Christina Brown, a former staffer for Sen. Bob Casey (D-Pa.).

Prior to retaining Glover Park Group to push for gun control, Dick’s Sporting Goods retained the services of CSA Strategies LLC, which pushed for issues such as tax reform, cybersecurity, and patent litigation reform on behalf of Dick’s during the four-year relationship between the two companies. Both firms are headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

CSA is helmed by Alex Urrea, a former Republican staffer on the House Financial Services committee. Dick’s relationship with CSA was terminated effective January 31, 2018, but was not made public until early April, lobbying records show.

Well this is the liberal mind set. Only those evil black full semi auto rifles can kill :rolleyes:. Because you know has nothing to do with the person ....

Edited by rob-c

so i stopped in there the other day. friend i know was working and i had a $10 store credit coupon that's been sitting in my email for a while. i checked with customer service and they said it was still good. had to as i have no idea how to sign into my score rewards account anymore with not using it or really going there. i picked up a pack of replacement belts for my WorkSharp that was $9.99 (not much is $10 there). Talked to my buddy, who said the plan is to close 20 stores that aren't doing well, but the Field & Stream locations where staying for now. Chatted with him about other stuff. Asked him to order me an AR. He laughed and said can't do it. Then I left. Since I've gotten about $500 worth of Cabelas stuff. That's all the updates I've got.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:38 PM, Rob... said:

Sell it to who? It's NOT my card to sell! I can't sell something that doesn't belong to me! God, pay attention once in a while will ya!

Good for you!

Let me tell you all something! You are boycotting Dicks/Field And Stream, and I agree with your reasons! But what I find hilarious, is this site has a FaceBook page, and that site is beyond comprehension on what's allowed and whats not. I chose my bitter pill, and stand by it. You people want to keep coming off with with this BS and hypocrisy you have with "If they don't support 2A we are boycotting!'. Then you better take down that FaceBook page. Just satin, FB is just an anti gun as everyone unless you are a criminal. If you stand behind your convictions, there are no compromises. 

If my girlfriend had the card, I would just let her know that I dont want anything from it. She knows my stance on Dick's and F&S. In fact, she wont buy anything there either for the same reasons I dont, and shes a friggin liberal lol.

This site does no business with facebook, theres just a page on there, which is barely used anyhow. Now, if there were ad campaigns, or something else that was feeding FB money, Id say you are correct.

BTW, I dont own the site, so youre barking up the wrong tree anyway.