Steve Rinella.......

Lawdwaz

Haha. Just made some liverwurst with my last does liver. Should be ready for lunch tomorrow or the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm I love liverwurst but hate liver. Keep us posted on how it turns out. My bro shot a little dink that the liver would have been probably perfect for this. Maybe a next year goal!

8 hours ago, crappyice said:

Haha. Just made some liverwurst with my last does liver. Should be ready for lunch tomorrow or the weekend.

My mom makes this dip called "braunswagger"(idk spelling). She uses liverwurst and I think horseradish and some other spices. That dip is amazing.

Same here, no organs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My goal is to attempt liver if I get a doe this weekend. Also heart, but the heart is technically a muscle. The kidneys and nuts are not really on the list for the reasons I mentioned and reputation.

• Like 1

I made pate with the liver from my doe. After letting the final product rest in the fridge for a day or two, I really liked it. Will definitely do it again, maybe more brandy, cream and butter for a creamier texture, and try fresh herbs instead of dried. It takes a lot for the other flavors to show through.

2 hours ago, Belo said:

nuts are not really on the list for the reasons I mentioned and reputation.

Do you look down upon us nut-eaters ?   How about Rinella ?  Is it ok that he eats them ?   Is that why you like the early seasons better (before you knew he ate nuts).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Belo said:

My goal is to attempt liver if I get a doe this weekend. Also heart, but the heart is technically a muscle. The kidneys and nuts are not really on the list for the reasons I mentioned and reputation.

Punch yourself in the nose ,once the bleeding stops ,pull the blood clot from your nose and throat and eat it,you will have tasted liver.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

You need to get us moms recipe!!

I just asked her. Liverwurst... then enough sour cream to make a creamy texture(mixed with hand mixer). horseradish to taste- she makes it spicy. she said even I can figure it out.

Edited by kpkot
  • Like 1

I love the guy I watch him on Netflix and have his website on my favs . I remember the episode where he ate bear over a camp fire ,even watching I said to myself man that's not going to get cooked enough well he and his film crew  got triginosis  and it was like 3 weeks later that his camera man felt ill and he went to the doctor and was diagnosed. I like that he puts more emphasis on utilizing the meat and less on the racks or how big animal is and how he puts all the meat to good use. The only thing is when he gutted a deer you can see it on youtube he exposes the hams so he can cut the pelvis and cut all the way to the throat[ you will upset the taxidermy man if you want to mount it they hate to sew] , you don't do that any meat ESPECIALLY  the hams cause it oxidizes and dries out and has to be trimmed but he did pull the tenderloins [I always do wash and dry maybe grill right a way cut up wrapped in bacon as an appetizer ]  or freeze

• Like 1

If you’re that worried about your reputation because someone might find out you ate deer nuts I feel very bad for you my friend

Do you look down upon us nut-eaters ?   How about Rinella ?  Is it ok that he eats them ?   Is that why you like the early seasons better (before you knew he ate nuts).  

I think I’m some of his repressed dreams belo swallows lots of nuts

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Jackie Bushman should be in prison, he’s an absolute scumbag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you ever see the video of Jimmy Houston shooting a drugged deer inside a fenced area ? That took the scumbag prize !

• Like 1