Need Simple Grilled Back Strap Marinade

Lawdwaz

What simple marinade would you recommend for grilling back straps to a friend out of town?

If it is some ingredients that are put together, it must be simple.  If it is an over the counter marinade, that's fine too as long is it is available.  Thanks.......

8 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

What simple marinade would you recommend for grilling back straps to a friend out of town?

If it is some ingredients that are put together, it must be simple.  If it is an over the counter marinade, that's fine too as long is it is available.  Thanks.......

Do you have a Wegman's near you?  if so try the steakhouse peppercorn. It's a wonderful marinade. 

25 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Wish bone Italian Salad dressing... Plus Salt , pepper and Garlic power.... put all into Zip lock bag for two days.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

salt, pepper, done.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

No, this is for a friend in Florida. 

My favorite marinade is Wegman's Lemon & Garlic.......

season the strap with a little season salt and more so McCormick black pepper with the peppercorn grinder built into the little shaker. then put a partial stick of Land O' Lakes sea salt and olive oil butter in a coffee mug add in some minced fresh garlic. nuke the butter and garlic just to a simmer with periodic 20-30 second intervals in the microwave. grill the strap and brush on the garlic butter while you do. keep it simple.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Good Seasons Italian is great if he marinates overnight.

That's what I do.

Just put the cutlets in a gallon size ziplock, dump in the Italian salad dressing, seal the bag and let it sit overnight. 

Take out of the bag, put on the grill.

EASY!!!

And oooh, it's so good!

• Like 2

1/3 olive oil, 1/3 soy sauce, 1/3 Worcester sauce.  Add minced garlic or ginger if you like.  Marinate for 1 - 2 hours.  Bring meat to room temp, salt, pepper (or montreal is great too) cook to 130 internal MAX. let rest 10 minutes.    

1/2 to 1 cup red wine garlic 3 cloves and 1 large onion.I cut lengthwise about 1/2 inch thick. after marinated atleast 4 hours grill or pan fry 2-3 mins on each side and serve.I do not cook with salt so may need to add some for taste.

Here's what I do... Genius I know. I rub mine with olive oil and Montreal steak season/or others when we cut up the deer and vacuum seal them. Good to go as there ready to go after they thaw.

Well Larry what did u do and how'd it turn out?

2 hours ago, zag said:

Here's what I do... Genius I know. I rub mine with olive oil and Montreal steak season/or others when we cut up the deer and vacuum seal them. Good to go as there ready to go after they thaw.

Well Larry what did u do and how'd it turn out?

I’ll let you know if a few days. :)