7th Annual Banquet

We will just be getting the planning off the ground after the New Year but I wanted to drop this here is anyone is interested in attending and wants to save the date. IT will be happening earlier this year and for years to come.  I think it is a first class event....but I'm biased..lol

Saturday, March 23rd at the Doubletree in Henrietta NY

The link is active to order your entry  tickets and raffle packs. Act early and don't miss out. I expect to hit our maximum capacity again this year. 

https://secure3.convio.net/deer/site/Ticketing;jsessionid=00000000.app358a?view=Tickets&id=101147&NONCE_TOKEN=622F7C2D1FEAAEB1446197F8658C3

We typically always have a square game for some type of saw. In the past it has been pole saws or chain saws. This year we are giving it a bit of a different spin. 

Milwaukee 18V M18 Fuel Li-ion Cordless Chainsaw

This will be a special bonus package and will have 2 of the high capacity batteries instead of just one. (Includes the charger)

67180_1_2000x2000.jpg

Anyone that has attended our banquets knows that we have what we call a "Table Raffle". If you haven't--- The way it works--- There is an envelope on each table with the table number on it. There are spaces to write in up to 8 names. In order for an envelope to be valid in the raffle it must contain $160. With a table of 8 that is $20 per person and there are 8 prizes (all the same prize). Last year the winning table had 4 people and each person put in $40. They each took home two drones. A random number is drawn from the entered table numbers and the names on that envelope are the winners. Previous years we have had spotting scopes, trail cameras, chainsaws, and the drones.

This year we have an AWESOME set of prizes. These have been used by members of the banquet committee and have gotten rave reviews. This year we will have 8- IconX battery operated heated vests by PUMA Outdoors. We will have an XL and an XXL on hand the night of the event. If that is your size, great. if it isn't don't worry. We will be giving out gift card good for one vest, shipping and tax included. That is a $180 prize. On a single charge you can keep your core warm with over 6 hours of 100 degree heat (low setting). Additional batteries are available for purchase on the website.

https://www.pnumaoutdoors.com/shop-now/new-arrivals-hunting-outdoor-gear-pnuma-outdoors/iconx-heated-core-vest

Puma Heated Vest.PNG

Besides treating us very well on the vests above and extending the return period to 30 days after the banquet. Pnuma  Outdoors hunting apparel  has donated a Camo  Waypoint All-Season Jacket and Pants set. This is high tech and high performance hunting gear. Check out the write ups and the reviews on this stuff.  It is being provided in XL but the person that takes this suit home can return for a size appropriate for them.  30 day return period from the banquet date.  I still have not decided how we will use this gear at the banquet, but was very excited to share their sponsorship.  Imagine coupling this with the heated vests above. 

https://www.pnumaoutdoors.com/waypoint-all-season-system

The perfect mid-weight, all-season hunting System. Layer the Waypoint light or layer it warm from mid-season to late. Deadly quiet. Low-nap Pnumagrid fleece lining focused at the body’s core. Windproof to 50mph. WearGuard protective overlays on shoulders, elbows, knees and boot cuffs to prevent abrasion. 4-way adjustable, fleece lined, removable hood for concealment and comfort. DWR water repellency. Articulated elbows and knees for ease of movement. It’s the textbook mid-weight, softshell for hardcore performance in all conditions. Add the Waypoint Gloves for grip, durability, and performance when a liner isn’t needed. And the Waypoint Hunting Vest layers easily for warmth and doubles as a great vest to wear at work or a night on the town.

• Engineered for all-season versatility
  • Pnumagrid™ fleece lining at the body’s core for warmth for mid-season performance
  • Designed with athletic fit - allows for additional layering when late season rolls in
  • Quiet softshell with 3M™ Scotchgard™ DWR water repellent coating
  • 50mph Windbrake® tested
  • DuraGuard™ abrasion-resistant overlays – shoulders, elbows, knees, boot cuffs
  • Molded, removable EVA knee pads for additional protection
  • Pit and crotch zips for thermal regulation
  • Jacket is tree safety harness compatible
  • Pant ordered by waist and inseam
  • Tall size available
  • Guaranteed for life

Pnuma Suit.PNG

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Special game?  We want an auction!

It will have some auction features to the game. I think this is how it will work.  12 knives and each knife has a number 1-12.

11 knives will be featured in the live auction.  Knife #1 will be auctioned off. The winning bidder has bought the knife and #1 in the drawing for the gun. Since they are the first winning bidder they can buy any other number (2-11) they want for that same winning bid price for each knife. so say the winning bid is $100 for number 1 and that winning bidder wants number 7 and 11 too, they pay $300 and the next knife , #2 is up for auction. it proceeds until all 11 knives are sold. 

Knife #12 is sold on a raffle.  Chances are sold over the evening at 1 ticket for $10, 3 for $20 or your wing span for $50

Once all the knives are paid for and handed out we draw the winning number out of the hat. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

At the banquet we will be lucky enough to have two chances to win one of these truly custom scopes. One will be available on our Gun Board and one in the Live Auction. Unfortunately you won't be able to take a scope home with you the night of the banquet because these are custom scopes and must be ordered to meet the specific gun and load you intend to use. The winner of one of these scopes will supply information to Quigley Ford and the reticle will be custom etched per the information you provide. The winner will have the option to change their scope to the QF 520 model with the difference in retail paid directly to Quigley Ford 

https://quigleyford.com/

The Quigley Difference

Quigley-Ford vs. Other Etched Reticle Scopes

There are many etched reticle scopes on the market today. Just about every reputable scope company is making one. What sets Quigley-Ford apart from the rest, is that ours are truly custom.
Most etched reticle scopes offer different reticles with different range options. Almost all give suggestions for groups of calibers that will work, but none go as far as customizing the reticle to the caliber and the specific load you shoot. Quigley-Ford does.

Our scopes are custom to the caliber, grain weight of bullet, muzzle velocity and ballistic coefficient. Our scopes can be etched for the factory load shooter or the hand loader as well. Some etched reticle scopes will have you calculating your bullets trajectory online and then using different hash marks within the reticle for true drop points. This can be very complicated and confusing and often creates too much room for human error. Quigley-Ford has simplified the process by offering the hunter a scope that is etched specifically for his load.

Quigley Ford Scope.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

We are about a month out from the Early Bird Deadline for the General Raffle Ticket sales. Attendance sales are ahead of last year so don't wait if you plan on going.  General raffle pre-sales are 2 for 1 in the packages and each $250 General Raffle pack gets one gun of the year ticket. This is the only way to get a ticket in this drawing.

https://secure3.convio.net/deer/site/Ticketing;jsessionid=00000000.app358a?view=Tickets&id=101147&NONCE_TOKEN=622F7C2D1FEAAEB1446197F8658C3

I Just found out that we have an auction item that I was hoping to get again. It will be for a weeks use of a Outer Banks NC vacation home. It will be for a specific week. Last year it was the end of August  18-25th and we expect about the same time frame but will have that confirmed prior to the banquet.

Beautiful, quiet accommodations for 10 people (two king bedrooms each with adjoining bathroom with walk-in showers, one queen bedroom including two single beds and full bath and a queen sleeper sofa in the game room with a 1/2 bath), includes linen service.  Large living area, custom kitchen and game room with four flat screen TV’s, surround sound, wireless high speed internet access throughout and an elevator.  Newly furnished in 2018 (pictures on the web haven’t been updated with new furnishings).  Two furnished decks on the 2nd and 3rd floors with views of the beach…only a one minute walk to the beach across the street and…just a 12-hour drive from Rochester. Take a look at the pictures. It is beautiful and  did I mention the  private beach is just across the street? lol. 

http://reservations.emeraldislerealty.com/properties/a-paradise-found

L1.jpg?h=MnRxQzQ5dVFJS2ZiWEo0dUxPcGQ5QT09

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

Two wonderful charters are going to be offered during our live auction. Either charter can be upgraded to a full or multiple day charter.

4-Hour Lake Ontario Fishing for 4 
Join Captain John Polandick of RiggerUs Charters to fish the waters of Lake Ontario for browns, kings and steelhead in May and June 2019 on a 30’ fully equipped Tiara!  All gear is supplied, and fish are filleted and bagged.  RiggerUs Charters’ home port is on Oak Orchard River 30 miles west of Rochester, New York.   

5-Hour Lake Erie Walleye Fishing for 4 

Join Captain Joel Ruggiero of Baitmaster Charters  to fish the waters of Lake Erie for Walleyes on a 26 foot Sea Ray Amberjack, with a ten foot beam and is powered by twin 170 HP Mercury I/O units. It's docked at Bart's Cove Marina. There is a private bathroom, cabin, and covered area.  We use downriggers, planer boards and dipsey divers to catch the suspended fish in Lake Erie waters. All gear is supplied, and fish are filleted and bagged.  

• 2 weeks later...

This banquet is the only fundraiser we do to put on programs like the Field To Fork  and the contributions to the Venison Donation Coalition that I posted all about on here.  Each entry ticket gets you the meal, a one year membership to QDMA and access to all the games. 

We have a very special game that I am finalizing the details on. It will be a dice roll and if you are lucky enough to roll the required combination, you win the GRAND PRIZE, your choice of a $10,000 4 wheeler or $10,000 in cash. There will be other combination prizes as well as a prize that everyone that rolls will receive a ticket for. If the lower tier prizes are not won during the rolling, they will be awarded during the ticket drawings as well. 

We are only 10 days away form the Early Bird Deadline. There are some really great prizes this year and if you have never gone to one of our banquets, it would be a great year to try it.  Don't miss out on the 2 for 1 General Raffle ticket packages. The $250 package is the only way to get a ticket in the gun of the year drawing, a Bergara B-14 in 6.5 Creedmoor. This IS the best odds on a gun in the room next to the Henry Golden Boy that will go to one person that purchased a Captain's Table

March 23rd Banquet

https://www.qdma.com/event/greater-rochester-s-tier-7th-annual-banquet-ny/?instance_id=904

• Like 1

Last day for Early Bird General Raffle tickets and the Banquet is just a week away.  Don't miss out. 

Currently the General Raffle has 40 packages with an average value of over $170, including 6 guns. 

We have also finalized a dice roll game with a chance at winning an $10,000 ATV or $10,000 in cash.  There are also many other prizes in this game that are guaranteed to be awarded. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

All of our Captain's Table spots are sold out. We still have some general seating. The early bird for the General Raffle tickets is past but it isn't too late to attend. This is our only annual fundraiser and we really make an effort to do good work with the funds. I know you won't be disappointed in the event. 19 orphaned firearms are finding a new home that night. 

https://www.qdma.com/event/greater-rochester-s-tier-7th-annual-banquet-ny/?instance_id=904

• Like 1

Bob ran a great banquet.  Tons of fun and some great deals on the auction items.  First time winning a rifle which was cool. Tikka  t3x in 7-08.  Good deal on a Quigley scope too.  Will definitely be back and hope to see even more of you there.   Wnybuckhunter  Haley Nomad Bob and I represented huntingny  there.   Nomad won  a gun too and John got a sweet deal on a home in the outter banks for a week .  Thanks Bob and we'll done.

• Like 6

Yep, great event , second time going second time winning a gun !.

Moog bought the winning ticket which should have been mine when we first got there , so I bought  another one on  the next drawing  and won , just to even things up .

Ny compliant AR in 300 Blackout .

Oh and the softer often hidden side of Moog ....

092996F8-9B29-4F99-B1AF-E20AF2BE0096.jpeg

5A67425B-CC50-48B7-87B3-E86D4C4582F2.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 8

Yep, great event , second time going second time winning a gun !.
 Moog bought the winning ticket which should have been mine when we first got there , so I bought  another one on  the next drawing  and won , just to even things up .
Ny compliant AR in 300 Blackout .
Oh and the softer often hidden side of Moog ....
092996F8-9B29-4F99-B1AF-E20AF2BE0096.thumb.jpeg.1edc6be0ede47038330570162367f017.jpeg
5A67425B-CC50-48B7-87B3-E86D4C4582F2.thumb.jpeg.3da91de556413424be34996eaace2102.jpeg

Easter Bunny practice for Moog it was it the Cadbury Chocolate egg auditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob ran a great banquet.  Tons of fun and some great deals on the auction items.  First time winning a rifle which was cool. Tikka  t3x in 7-08.  Good deal on a Quigley scope too.  Will definitely be back and hope to see even more of you there.   Wnybuckhunter  Haley Nomad Bob and I represented huntingny  there.   Nomad won  a gun too and John got a sweet deal on a home in the outter banks for a week .  Thanks Bob and we'll done.

Thanks for coming guys. It was a great evening and I was so glad to you you both take a gun off the gun board. I was hoping to take that American Flag Howa with me but it found a good home.
  • Like 2