7th Annual Banquet

I thought I would share a few picks of the room and some winners. The one of me an Larry with his new AR is like one of those buck pictures where the arms are outstretched and the deer is closer to the camera that the hunter. I am really standing about 5' closer to the camera than he is. OR he is standing in a hole. you pick. lol This was our most successful banquet ever. Thank you to the sponsors, those attending and the volunteers. It's a great and hard working group of volunteers. 

Room-9.jpg

Room-10.jpg

Room-5.jpg

Room-1-Sponsor slide show and gun board.jpg

Gun Board-1.jpg

Gun Board-3.jpg

Gun Board-1KQ8ckLw.jpg

Gun Board-10.jpg

Gun Board-15.jpg

Gun Board-16.jpg

Gun Board-17.jpg

Gun Board-18.jpg

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, steve863 said:

No offense to Moog or Nomad, but I think Bob enjoyed standing next to the lady in the short skirt with the over/under shotgun the most. LOL

None taken.  That young woman also won a scholarship and killed one of the biggest bucks around these parts in 2018!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, steve863 said:

No offense to Moog or Nomad, but I think Bob enjoyed standing next to the lady in the short skirt with the over/under shotgun the most. LOL

She was a wonderful young lady. Heads above the other applicants for the scholarship. That rack I included the pic of is 178-1/8 gross. That was her 2018 buck the buck she got her first season at 15 years old had to be over 130 and might push 140. Even giving her  a scholarship and drawing her ticket for the gun, I still couldn't weasel an invite to the farm they hunt...lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

She was a wonderful young lady. Heads above the other applicants for the scholarship. That rack I included the pic of is 178-1/8 gross. That was her 2018 buck the buck she got her first season at 15 years old had to be over 130 and might push 140. Even giving her  a scholarship and drawing her ticket for the gun, I still couldn't weasel an invite to the farm they hunt...lol

Maybe if you were 20 years younger, Bob, you could have pulled off a hunt on their farm!  She'd probably ask if I needed help crossing the street if she saw me.  LOL

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Classy move Bob!

Thank you. It was the right thing to do. I typically don't play many of the large prize games like the 50/50 raffle and such. I just don't feel like it would look right with me winning. we say up front our Volunteers will be playing.

I got into this one becasue there literally was a 5 gallon pail of tickets for the #12 knife. I had the auctioneer draw it becasue I ws in it and said on the mic I was in it but never win anything and he pulled my number lol. It really was a great night all around. didn't really have anything go wrong. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

These banquets are a lot of work. You can add me to the sucker list for our banquet. I bought an early bird raffle pack and as I was "directing traffic" for volunteers dishing out bucket prizes to winners my ticket was drawn. I had our emcee draw again.  I'm sure Bob would agree its worth a lot to see banquets with full attendance and people having fun. That represents and justifies all the time and effort put in throughout the whole year promoting the goals of QDMA and conservation, not just for the event itself.

nice job to you and all the branch volunteers Bob! 

• Like 2

These banquets are a lot of work. You can add me to the sucker list for our banquet. I bought an early bird raffle pack and as I was "directing traffic" for volunteers dishing out bucket prizes to winners my ticket was drawn. I had our emcee draw again.  I'm sure Bob would agree its worth a lot to see banquets with full attendance and people having fun. That represents and justifies all the time and effort put in throughout the whole year promoting the goals of QDMA and conservation, not just for the event itself.
nice job to you and all the branch volunteers Bob! 

Thanks Dan