I miss muzzle loading season.

cas

I used to love muzzle loading season, I got to hunt how I wanted, where I wanted with no worries, no fears. 

I still love my muzzleloaders and every few years I hunt with them in the gun season, my caplocks and flintlocks. But I gave up on the muzzle loading season. :(   It's kind of pointless now. 

The last year I hunted it, between bow season and gun season, I spent 19 days in the woods.  I saw 3 other hunters in the woods.

Then in the muzzleloading season I hunted 1.5 days....  and ran into 7 other hunters. Good lord. 

Phooey on that mess. 

On 12/1/2018 at 2:46 PM, cas said:

I used to love muzzle loading season, I got to hunt how I wanted, where I wanted with no worries, no fears. 

I still love my muzzleloaders and every few years I hunt with them in the gun season, my caplocks and flintlocks. But I gave up on the muzzle loading season. :(   It's kind of pointless now. 

The last year I hunted it, between bow season and gun season, I spent 19 days in the woods.  I saw 3 other hunters in the woods.

Then in the muzzleloading season I hunted 1.5 days....  and ran into 7 other hunters. Good lord. 

Phooey on that mess. 

The same thing happened in Indiana once inlines and scopes came to the fray.  ML seasons used to be for those that were willing to learn how to care for and use traditional equipment.

Now it's management tool and a cash cow for corporate interests.