Xbow full inclusion??

5 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

You got me alright. Me along with most every guy I hunt with are hiding all those xtra large Ny bucks by not needing some hero pics. I guess after so many some don't need pics of themselves. The real hero is fine. Glad I could help ya out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four seasons whitetail do you have a connection to the ranch in Texas? By that same name ?

I’m one of the very few (assuming) that doesn’t hunt with a compound but does use a x-bow (first year with xbow). I’ve shot a compound and agree that both seem to have their own set of challenges. Agree with WNY that becoming proficient with xbow is quicker. I’ve never had the time to spend the countless hours the compound guys spend on becoming proficient enough to hunt, something I respect greatly. Maybe this is why traditional guys are against?

Full inclusion may affect us all a little differently depending on where we hunt - private, state, etc. so that may bring many to have differing opinions.  

I agree without question a bow hunter course should be required for xbow

Edited by SilentStalker

On 12/2/2018 at 7:03 PM, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Well not to make you look like the fool that you sound but if DEC made Xbow its own separate tag needing to be purchased it sure would raise them a bunch more money. It would also put more hunters in the woods and it would also keep the harvest numbers somewhat where they need to be. Myself I could give a rats Ass either way. On my properties I can use bow or Xbow all during archery season without anyone knowing any better. Maybe you should look at the big picture and not just one of yourself.

So are you saying you hunt with a crossbow out of crossbow season or you can cause its private and you have some sort of legal pass? 

1 hour ago, SilentStalker said:

I’m one of the very few (assuming) that doesn’t hunt with a compound but does use a x-bow (first year with xbow). I’ve shot a compound and agree that both seem to have their own set of challenges. Agree with WNY that becoming proficient with xbow is quicker. I’ve never had the time to spend the countless hours the compound guys spend on becoming proficient enough to hunt, something I respect greatly. Maybe this is why traditional guys are against?

Full inclusion may affect us all a little differently depending on where we hunt - private, state, etc. so that may bring many to have differing opinions.  

I agree without question a bow hunter course should be required for xbow

Today’s compounds don’t require much of a learning curve, I know many guys who right off the bat were shooting softball sized groups ,and took deer their first year .

One guy at work won a 3D league the first year he joined . First half of the league he used a borrowed bow that he only shot that one night a week . That was the first time he shot a bow .

He joined because a bunch of guys at work went ,so he tagged along one night ,then ended up buying a bow half way through .

• Like 3

So are you saying you hunt with a crossbow out of crossbow season or you can cause its private and you have some sort of legal pass? 

Point being anyone with private land sure can do it anytime without much worry. I know a few who don't worry about it. Sure it happens all over the state.

• Like 3

Just now, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Point being anyone with private land sure can do it anytime without much worry. I know a few who don't worry about it. Sure it happens all over the state.

I’m sure it does just like corn piles in front of the stand . Sad but true 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Uh oh ,now the sodfather got sucked into this years debate.

Nope I’ve been off the forum for a while won’t get sucked in on this one. My stand on it is as it’s always been. After a certain age yes you can use a crossbow also with a disability. Other than that man up bitches and pull the string lol

• Like 5

Nope I’ve been off the forum for a while won’t get sucked in on this one. My stand on it is as it’s always been. After a certain age yes you can use a crossbow also with a disability. Other than that man up bitches and pull the string lol

That also was not the full question. Some wanted to make it one sided but it also says possible Xbow its own season with its own tags. Tell me guys would not throw up cash for another either sex tag for Xbow only? Many would throw up the cash for an Xbow for another buck on the pole. Throw that on top of Xbow season in the best time to kill a big buck? Yeah DEC would make some xtra jingle fast.

1 minute ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

That also was not the full question. Some wanted to make it one sided but it also says possible Xbow its own season with its own tags. Tell me guys would not throw up cash for another either sex tag for Xbow only? Many would throw up the cash for an Xbow for another buck on the pole. Throw that on top of Xbow season in the best time to kill a big buck? Yeah DEC would make some xtra jingle fast.

Or they could raise the price on all the tags they sell now by   1 or 2 dollars and leave things the way they are now .

• Like 1

I would as long as it’s January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah right. The last time they went up people screamed. They would do it to put more hunters on the books and to make more off the only gun hunters we have now. Most any hunter that has bow and Xbow now would pay and even new hunters would come. Time will tell I guess.

8 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

What ever NY  makes off license sales got to be 10 x more then any other state if it's down they still making a killing 

and those other states most of them have better hunting  people say .

Better hunting if you can actually find a place to hunt.

• Like 1

What ever NY  makes off license sales got to be 10 x more then any other state if it's down they still making a killing 
 and those other states most of them have better hunting  people say .

How do you figure? A non resident elk tag is over $1K in many states. What’s NY NR tag?

56 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How do you figure? A non resident elk tag is over $1K in many states. What’s NY NR tag?

Something like 700,000 licenses sold each year. 

And over 100,000 non resident licenses 

How many elk tags  they give out probably not even close to those numbers. 

Edited by Storm914

Something like 700,000 licenses sold each year. 
And over 100,000 non resident licenses 
How many elk tags  they give out probably not even close to those numbers. 

You must be thinking fishing? There’s no way 800K hunting licenses are sold in NY. Actually as I typed this I checked. 41K NR and 528K Res, so 569K. PA sells way more