Xbow full inclusion??

23 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

A rare breed? Please. You think taking ones marksmanship seriously is limited to "vertical bow hunters"? You make some seriously ignorant statements.

I was trying to match wits with some of the other people. 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Haha 1

The ONLY reason anyone chooses a compound instead of a recurve or longbow is because it is EASIER. But then they want their "easier" to be the limit in archery equipment. I'd 100% support crossbows in a seperate season - BUT compounds would have to be moved there as well. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Where guys get busted is standing up ,reaching for the bow,  turning back ,raising the bow , then say they were busted “ drawing .”  All those other movements are required of the xbow as well, and after using one two years now, I’d say they require more exaggerated  movements due to the size and weight of the darn things . Oh and I didn’t kill a deer with it yet , by choice .

Bull Hockey . You have your bow in your hand and sitting to shoot . If someone does what you stated , they deserve to get busted . For the crossbow Rest the buttstock on your leg with the forearm on a shooting rail or shooting sticks and there is minimal movement to spook a deer . 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Belo said:

this guy here. shoots hens and bb's. man... I feel like if we went fishing you'd catch the limit just because you could, not because you needed to.

Are you against killing button bucks and hen turkeys in the fall ?   If so, maybe you could take it up with the state and see if they will change the rules to better suit yourself.   Complaining about others, who are doing things that are legal, just reaffirms your own admitted "elitism".     When it comes to fishing, I would rather catch a limit of "just barely keeper" bass than a couple of big ones.  It is all about the meat for me and quality often trumps quantity.  The drumsticks from a fall hen wild turkey are much better eating than those from a spring tom and the venison from a 6 month old buck is much better than that from an older one (I can't tell the difference in a 1-1/2 thru 3-1/2 as long as the carcass has been aged properly prior to freezing).    

When it comes to crossbows, as I said earlier, I no longer mind the seasons staying like they are with no "full inclusion".  Having the best two weeks of the Southern zone is great, and the month earlier opening up in the Northern zone is a nice bonus.   One compromise that I would like to see would be making October 1 thru October 14 "traditional" and restricted to recurves and longbows, and making compounds and crossbows legal for the rest of archery season.  It is the "compound-only" complainers like yourself and the other (3) NYB members who have piled on this thread who I have issue with.   Oregon would be a great place for you folks. 

Maybe it is time again to find out where the membership of this site stands on the issue.  I know we have one moderator who is for full inclusion and another who is against it.  In the first poll on this, posted in the bow-hunting section more than (2) years ago, full inclusion was in the lead by a 2:1 margin.   In last year's poll, that lead had widened to about 3:1.   Who knows, maybe it is up to 4:1 now but it is very clear the anti's are fighting a loosing battle.  Should that be a surprise when the only ground they stand on is selfish elitism.       

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

Are you against killing button bucks and hen turkeys in the fall ?   If so, maybe you could take it up with the state and see if they will change the rules to better suit yourself.   Complaining about others, who are doing things that are legal, just reaffirms your own admitted "elitism".     When it comes to fishing, I would rather catch a limit of "just barely keeper" bass than a couple of big ones.  It is all about the meat for me and quality often trumps quantity.  The drumsticks from a fall hen wild turkey are much better eating than those from a spring tom and the venison from a 6 month old buck is much better than that from an older one (I can't tell the difference in a 1-1/2 thru 3-1/2 as long as the carcass has been aged properly prior to freezing).    

When it comes to crossbows, as I said earlier, I no longer mind the seasons staying like they are with no "full inclusion".  Having the best two weeks of the Southern zone is great, and the month earlier opening up in the Northern zone is a nice bonus.   One compromise that I would like to see would be making October 1 thru October 14 "traditional" and restricted to recurves and longbows, and making compounds and crossbows legal for the rest of archery season.  It is the "compound-only" complainers like yourself and the other (3) NYB members who have piled on this thread who I have issue with.   Oregon would be a great place for you folks. 

Maybe it is time again to find out where the membership of this site stands on the issue.  I know we have one moderator who is for full inclusion and another who is against it.  In the first poll on this, posted in the bow-hunting section more than (2) years ago, full inclusion was in the lead by a 2:1 margin.   In last year's poll, that lead had widened to about 3:1.   Who knows, maybe it is up to 4:1 now but it is very clear the anti's are fighting a loosing battle.  Should that be a surprise when the only ground they stand on is selfish elitism.       

Xbows unite!

You can measure my girth anytime!

Tell Belo to go back to Mississippi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

If true bow hunters who care about being more proficient than the rest of us slob hunters that run and gun deer really are looking for the most challenging way to hunt and kill deer, I would think the elitist would be out there with a traditional bow all gun season hunting only heavily hunted state land showing the rest of us how to get it done. 

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. 

But really there are good arguments from both sides and I can see where everyone comes from. I kinda like how it is. 

A longer hunting season got me into bowhunting. No other reason. I like using different weapons. I don't thing hunting with a compound is any harder to kill a deer in  October with than killing a deer the 3rd week of gun season is.

The bowhunters should agree with this since there biggest complaint i keep reading on here is no deer seen since opening weekend of gun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

It is not. It has the same effective range, and hits with comparable KE as a vertical bow. The only difference is how quickly you can become proficient with it.

They do not hit much harder than a compound, you can easily do the math and see for yourself. Ill make it easy for you though, a crossbow shooting 350 fps with a 420-grain arrow generates 114 foot-pounds of kinetic energy. A compound shooting a 350-grain arrow at 350 fps generates 95 foot-pounds of kinetic energy. Thats not much of a difference, and its only because the crossbow arrow weighs more.

If you look at professional shooters, the vertical bow guys are more accurate than their crossbow counterparts. You can compare score sheets of the top shooters in each class.

You just compared an average crossbow to a speed bow . Not really a fair comparison esp. If you take into account the average draw length. Even though to be fair, I don't think the added kinetic energy amounts to a huge advantage.. still pretty low #s.. 

I  think the main advantage of a crossbow is the ease of shooting and being accurate. Point , aim, pull trigger. Done. No worries about bending at the waist, proper anchor,  or proper grip. All of which can change poi by feet at 30yds ...  

I know I missed quite a bit, but did FSW post his pic of his buck to prove Chris wrong?

FSW does not have to prove anything to a tool like that or anyone else. Here ya want to see how he looked when I walked up on him after finding very little blood from the bolt?cf48d9373f5a7b5a5cc8498b5487f5a1.jpg. But then again I could just be throwing out pics of someone else's buck?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Lol one thing I know is after reading  all this  I bet a lot of folks join nycc.

I did last year When his happened ,and sent them $100, signed up,new members and worked a day for them at an event .

Ive a feeling this time it’ll cost me more, but I’ll put it towards new members ,memberships .

oh and I’ve already cleaned the truck and put away my hunting gear ,done .

Now I’m going out in late season with xbow and killing another buck .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

FSW does not have to prove anything to a tool like that or anyone else. Here ya want to see how he looked when I walked up on him after finding very little blood from the bolt?cf48d9373f5a7b5a5cc8498b5487f5a1.jpg. But then again I could just be throwing out pics of someone else's buck?

Congrats on a great season, no doubt.   This is the first year I recall you posting a pic of a buck.    But to claim you have nothing to prove and then keep posting photos of the same buck suggests that you believe you do have something to prove.  Regardless, nice buck.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I assume a friendly consensus was reached just like every other xbow inclusion thread ever started?

If everyone argues enough then they will take away all their guns, and crossbows and compounds and you will have everyone right where you want them. Primitive traditional bows only!  

And heck we know you don't care you can get a deer with anything and everything and proved it this year!  Lol. 

• Haha 1

FSW does not have to prove anything to a tool like that or anyone else. Here ya want to see how he looked when I walked up on him after finding very little blood from the bolt?cf48d9373f5a7b5a5cc8498b5487f5a1.jpg&key=91cb4b0bdb85e106626f7a0d83180c576fd316601410fcb9c6a834335a888b53. But then again I could just be throwing out pics of someone else's buck?

True. Could be your friend’s buck?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

If everyone argues enough then they will take away all their guns, and crossbows and compounds and you will have everyone right where you want them. Primitive traditional bows only!  

And heck we know you don't care you can get a deer with anything and everything and proved it this year!  Lol. 

Yay - more deer FOR ME!

• Like 2

Congrats on a great season, no doubt.   This is the first year I recall you posting a pic of a buck.    But to claim you have nothing to prove and then keep posting photos of the same buck suggests that you believe you do have something to prove.  Regardless, nice buck.  

Nah you can find a pic of a nice 12 I took with the 300 and a nice 8 a couple years back in archery. Don't really see the need to post up pics of bucks I take. After so many over the years they are just another deer. And FYI you would not have seen any of these pic's if they were not called out by others. I and even others on this site know of where I hunt and the great bucks I have been lucky enough to take. But then again I don't really call it luck most times because I find and hunt only 2-3 bucks most years and enjoy letting many walk that most hunters wish they could see. That's from making sure I take care of where and what I hunt and only hunt where I can take that kind of deer. It's a Gift!