Xbow full inclusion??

8 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Facts are Facts. And thanks but all those bucks I had the pleasure of being part of with one being a first timer taking his first Xbow buck on our farm in one of my stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On your farm, haha. At least you were honest. thanks for the clarification. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Facts are Facts. And thanks but all those bucks I had the pleasure of being part of with one being a first timer taking his first Xbow buck on our farm in one of my stands.

How big is your farm may I ask  ?

Do you have both fence and not fenced land on it or something? 

2 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Nah you can find a pic of a nice 12 I took with the 300 and a nice 8 a couple years back in archery. Don't really see the need to post up pics of bucks I take. After so many over the years they are just another deer. And FYI you would not have seen any of these pic's if they were not called out by others. I and even others on this site know of where I hunt and the great bucks I have been lucky enough to take. But then again I don't really call it luck most times because I find and hunt only 2-3 bucks most years and enjoy letting many walk that most hunters wish they could see. That's from making sure I take care of where and what I hunt and only hunt where I can take that kind of deer. It's a Gift!

And on the 4th day of the 12th month of the year god has risen again 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yup. Great bucks Taken by great hunters that don't need hero shots. It's just what they do year in and year out. Not really a big deal when you make it a habit.

So year in and year out you kill NY Giants and don’t take pics of them with any humans in the pic? You say you have all this admiration for mature bucks and they are the true heroes but then the only pics are disgraceful in the back of a truck or hanging? I see a shit ton of monster bucks killed on Bowsite forum every year by the same guys and they are always in the pic proud with their buck.

Something doesn’t add up here.

So year in and year out you kill NY Giants and don’t take pics of them with any humans in the pic? You say you have all this admiration for mature bucks and they are the true heroes but then the only pics are disgraceful in the back of a truck or hanging? I see a shit ton of monster bucks killed on Bowsite forum every year by the same guys and they are always in the pic proud with their buck.

They can do as they wish. I have all the time in the world to look up on my wall and see them anytime. I don't need your approval or anyone else's. Proof is in the pudding. The only thing that matters is the people I care enough for know me and the great bucks I have been blessed to take with many of them and have put many of them on their best bucks ever. If you want to add something just look in the back of the truck. I would guess those hero's to add up somewhere in the 250-260 inch range. Not bad for a couple Ny bucks. I get to enjoy big bucks 24-7 so really it's not that big of a deal. Someone that has not had the pleasure of breaking the 100 inch mark might find it hard to believe. Understandable.

Fine example of working for the future. Last weekend of rifle and a 115ish 8 out bumping does at 330 in the afternoon. Try to find that on many Ny farms in the North on that date7c1dd2ef7167ba95f96bc6fb8a66d51c.jpg. Property will always dictate success.

37 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It is Possible not everyone wants  there face plastered all over the internet posing in front of dead animals  especially in this PC society we live in .

Besides if he is in that business and has a big ass farm  why wouldn't he be able to shoot mature big old  bucks ?

Edited by Storm914

8 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Fine example of working for the future. Last weekend of rifle and a 115ish 8 out bumping does at 330 in the afternoon. Try to find that on many Ny farms in the North on that date7c1dd2ef7167ba95f96bc6fb8a66d51c.jpg. Property will always dictate success.

Please that’s still 343 short of what Hockey see’s on a daily basis lol.

• Like 2

Not to mention if he truly wanted to hide the whereabouts of these "extra large NY bucks" why would you purposely pose your truck in front of the state park sign and then plaster it on the internet?? He claims he doesn't have hero shots because he doesn't want people to know where he's hunting though?? And he's killed so many now that it's just another deer and all of us wish we could even see the deer he passes... I worked sporting goods retail for several years, I saw all types, I know FSW's type as I think we all do.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Storm914 said:

It is Possible not everyone wants  there face plastered all over the internet posing in front of dead animals  especially in this PC society we live in .

Besides if he is in that business and has a big ass farm  why wouldn't he be able to shoot mature big old  bucks ?

I guess your right  when ya jack off deer for their seman for a living I wouldn’t want my face shown either .

• Like 2

His name is on his website. I don’t think he cares about that.

Even though these debates are largely useless I wanted to reply to the “how does XBows effect the vertical guys”... Here it is: Once xgun season opens all my neighbors who are former gun only hunters flood the woods and hunt like gun hunters. They drive deer, they think the xgun can kill deer by hitting them in the neck and head, and they shoot at moving/running deer. Many of them don’t just would deer, many of them are successful and sense Ny gives two buck tags they now more frequently kill two bucks. Many people don’t eat more than two buck and as such not much reason for that guy to fill a doe tag. With so many areas over run with doe no wonder it’s judt getting worse and people complain they don’t witness rut. But plain and simple all these gun hunters DO effect vertical archers. Deer are nocturnal so much quicker. And before you blast me and tell me I just want it easy etc. I own a xgun and would feel differently if NY was a one buck state and if guys who chose the weapon were former vertical guys. But the newly found xgun hunters who flood the bow woods are the guys who just want it easy. If they love the xgun, use it in gun season and yeah, give the vertical guys a chance. 

Someday I'll break the 100" mark and will definitely post the hero pic !! Can't remember the last time I saw deer in the field in daylight late gun season. Fsw, care to be friends and get me on my biggest ??

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

For $5K all-inclusive I will get you a 100” buck. I’ll even sit next to you in the stand

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

But who cares? Its their choice. MYOB

Obviously quite a few people do. Imagine you were a pro football player and saw youth turning away from football. You saw your sport dying in favor of soccer. You'd just sit back and shrug? You and I butt heads occasionally, but generally you're a standup guy. I'm a little shocked you don't grasp the preservation of tradition aspect of this discussion.

15 hours ago, SteveB said:

The ONLY reason anyone chooses a compound instead of a recurve or longbow is because it is EASIER. But then they want their "easier" to be the limit in archery equipment. I'd 100% support crossbows in a seperate season - BUT compounds would have to be moved there as well. 

While I've said it before and will say again that everyone deserves their right to define their challenge, I firmly believe there is a general acceptable line that the majority of hunters have drawn when it comes to recovery and ethical hunting. It's why many states don't allow hunting with an atlatl. 

14 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Are you against killing button bucks and hen turkeys in the fall ?   If so, maybe you could take it up with the state and see if they will change the rules to better suit yourself.   Complaining about others, who are doing things that are legal, just reaffirms your own admitted "elitism".   

I'm not complaining about you at all man, but the picture of who you are grows clearer and clearer in my mind. I thought it was pretty well understood that what is legal is not always right and vice versa. And for decency sakes, maybe at least not brag so much about killing the dumbest animal in the woods. I'd think a man who read the good book would understand that. You know... like abortion and what not?

14 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Xbows unite!

You can measure my girth anytime!

Tell Belo to go back to Mississippi

In Mississippi, they have full inclusion ;)

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

Not to mention if he truly wanted to hide the whereabouts of these "extra large NY bucks" why would you purposely pose your truck in front of the state park sign and then plaster it on the internet?? He claims he doesn't have hero shots because he doesn't want people to know where he's hunting though?? And he's killed so many now that it's just another deer and all of us wish we could even see the deer he passes... I worked sporting goods retail for several years, I saw all types, I know FSW's type as I think we all do.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You like to add all kinds of Shit to posts huh. That Envy is really tearing you up bad. I would bet most on here know exactly where my hunting properties are from past posts. When you can stand on 100 acres of Alfalfa in one step and take 1 step forward and be standing in s no hunting zone of Letchworth state park of 20 plus years you are very lucky. Someday you might be half as lucky or good. That word your looking for in your post above is Successful. You keep shooting for the stars and ya just never know. You might get there someday.

9 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Try to find that on many Ny farms in the North on that date. Property will always dictate success.

so you have access to great habitat. awesome. I'd argue the doe i shot the first year in Mississippi on public land was a better example of good woodmanship and hunting skill than any of those bucks. But I think the point has been made. Many don't feel the need to justify their hunting abilities, but for some reason you do.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ncountry said:

You just compared an average crossbow to a speed bow . Not really a fair comparison esp. If you take into account the average draw length. Even though to be fair, I don't think the added kinetic energy amounts to a huge advantage.. still pretty low #s.. 

I  think the main advantage of a crossbow is the ease of shooting and being accurate. Point , aim, pull trigger. Done. No worries about bending at the waist, proper anchor,  or proper grip. All of which can change poi by feet at 30yds ...  

I compared the average crossbow to the average bow. Speed isnt even the biggest factor in Ke measurements anyhow, its arrow weight. Regardless, it only takes 40 ft/lbs of Ke to effectively kill a deer, and 45-50 to kill an elk. I shoot a 63lb bow that shoots just under 300 fps (with my arrows, its a touch over 70 ft/lbs Ke), and the furthest shot I have taken on a deer with it was 40 yards. Guess what, complete pass through, buck down in less than 50 yards. Who really cares if a crossbow has half again as much Ke, its completely unnecessary anyway, and doesnt change the effective range.

Do you consciously worry about any of those things when you shoot your bow? I dont. I practice enough to where I dont think about those things at all. Shooting my bow comes as natural to me as shooting my crossbow because i put the practice time in.

• Like 1